Chapter forty-nine

Start from the beginning

I threw my head back and laughed for a good ten seconds. After exchanging a confused glance to his mates, the one holding the gun aimed for my thigh and shot. I guessed it was one of his first times handling a gun as it landed in my knee. But nonetheless, he looked pleased with himself for his work.

I looked down at the wound that I felt no pain from, a small trail of my now-dark blood trailing down my jeans, already moving towards him without a limp. "You owe me a new pair of jeans."

The gun tumbled from his hands in shock and his mates could only look at me in horror. "What the fuck man?"

I walked right up to the one that led me into this corridor full of adolescent boys that were too scared to even approach me. I reached into the front pocket of his jeans, pulling out a packet of cigarettes. I brought one to my lips, placing the packet back in his pants. "Anyone gonna light me?"

When no one answered, moved, or even blinked, I sighed. "That's disappointing. I was looking forward to having a smoke as I watched your wretched bodies burn."

One of them that had yet not spoken raised his hands in defeat and took a step back with wide eyes. "L-look man, we don't want any trouble."

A dangerous red glint arose in my eyes. "Maybe you should have thought of that before you pushed my fiance off that building."

"W-we didn't know!" He started to scamper away and I snarled at his nerve, before the beast fully took over and I could no longer control the rage, the urge to rip off their heads with my bare hands.

Flashback~

Hoseok pov~

"I don't think we can get these," the man pointed to the picture I gave him, a picture of a beautiful display of lilies in full bloom. "It's not even the right season for them to grow."

Angry tears burned my eyes. How can he say something like that so plainly? Doesn't he understand they're for her?

"But lilies are her favourite flower." I whispered, not looking up at his face.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, hoping to clear the tension thickly embedded within the room. "Little boy, I know you've lost her sister but there are more flowers in the world than just lilies. Did she like any other flower?"

"No." I whispered again, shaking my head as a burning hot tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheeks. "She only liked lilies."

He sighed and dropped the photo into his desk, hundreds of other photos of flowers covering the dark mahogany. "Please don't be difficult with me."

"Please stop being mean."

The man opened his mouth again, his jaw going slightly rigid when Jin finally stepped in, handing his wallet to the ugly man and speaking in a hushed voice. "I know they're hard to source, but I can cover it and any 'extra' fees. Just let him say goodbye the right way."

The man nodded at Jin, and practically snatched his wallet from his hands before waddling out his office and closing the door, hopefully going off to make sure the right flowers were going to be at her funeral.

Jin looked at me with concern and crouched down to me, as I still refused to bring my head up to face anyone or anything.

"Don't worry, he will get the right flowers." He mumbled.

I nodded.

"You don't have to go to the funeral, if you don't want to."

I nodded.

He pursed his lips together, eyes still glazed over in concern, before wrapping one of his massive hands around my tiny ones.

"Can I come with you after the funeral? Wherever you're going?"