It was moments before I could reign in my hormones enough to produce words. "Definitely not something I would do in front of my brothers," I answered and Matt nodded with a chuckle. "But, I don't plan on them being around on dates." I added bringing the smirk back to Matt's lips.

"Miss Jonas...you are bad!" Matt said taking his hand and playfully popping my thigh.

"I'm sorry," I said jutting my lip out in a fake pout and rubbing my hand over my abused skin.

Matt replaced my hand with his rubbing my punished thigh and leaned over bringing his lips to my ear. "Sometimes a little bad is good." He whispered before placing a kiss on my neck just below my ear.

I smirked and cocked a brow, "Good, cause a LITTLE bad....is all you're gunna get Mr. Thomas."

***

The last moments of class ticked away and surprisingly enough I had not been called back into the office by Nick...maybe he really wasn't mad about me staying at Kevin's and I was freaking myself out for nothing. When I heard the bell signaling the end of class I let out a sigh of relief, that was of course until Nick, not looking up from the paper he was grading, called out with a "Cecelia, stay after class, I need to speak with you."

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

I grabbed my bag and walked over to Nick's desk, he sat there grading the paper until all the other students were gone, leaving me a nervous wreck.

"You're mad," I stated.

"I am?" Nick questioned looking up from the paper he was grading and cocking a brow.

"I'm sorry I stayed the night at Kevin's last night; I was just so tired from staying up all night with that stupid paper that I crashed and Kevvy didn't wake me up," I said starting to plead my case.

"Yea, I know, Kevin called us, why would I be mad about you staying at Kevin's?" Nick questioned looking confused.

I shrugged, "I don't know...that time I fell asleep at Morgan's..."

"That was different, you didn't have permission to go there in the first place and no one called us, we had no idea where you were," He said marking the last paper and setting down his pen.

"O...K," I said, wondering now what it was I was being held after class for.

"I did talk to Kevin this morning though, any idea what we talked about?"

I stood there confused for a moment before it dawned on me and I nervously bit my lip. "Oh...so, you are mad..."

"No, why? Should I be?" Nick questioned cocking a brow.

"No?" I questioned still unsure of what exactly was going on.

This feels like a trap.

Nick chuckled. "Relax Cece, why are you so nervous?"

At first I was stunned, meticulous Nicholas was telling me to relax? "For as long as I can remember you guys have told me that boys were bad news and that if one of them ever tried to kiss me you would kill them," I said defending my nervousness.

"Well yea, we are your brothers....that's our job," He said with a smirk. "Wait, he hasn't kissed you has he?" he said, his face suddenly serious.

I opened my mouth to speak, but fear of how Nick might react kept me from producing sound.

"I'm kidding Cece," he said raising his eyebrows and smiling at me.

"That's not funny Nicky!" I whined finally letting go of the breath I had been holding in fear.

Nick chuckled. "Look, you are 16, we knew this was coming and Matt seems like a pretty good kid."

I smiled, "Sooooo....I can go on a date this weekend?" I asked hopefully.

"We'll see," he said.

I smiled and nodded...we'll see was a heck of a lot better than no.

"Cece, I don't want you to be scared to talk to us about boys, or dating, or...stuff that goes along with boys and dating." Nick said.

Wow...we found our way to an uncomfortable topic rather quickly...ABORT ABORT ABORT.

"Which wont be an issue because there will be no "STUFF" going on, right?" he added.

"Right" I said nodding my head.

Nick nodded his head and smiled. "Atta girl."

I smiled still avoiding eye contact hoping that this current topic of conversation would soon die.

"Seriously though," Nick said bringing his finger to my chin and pulling my eyes up to meet his "I know its got to be weird with you getting older and not having Mom around and there are probably some things you would rather not talk about with your stupid brothers, but we are here to talk if you need us...or Dani too, if you would rather talk to a girl."

I smiled. "I know, thanks Nicky."

Nick smiled and pulled me into a quick hug giving me a kiss on the top of the head. "Love you."

"Love you too," I said pulling away as the bell rang.

"You better get to class," Nick said handing me a tardy excuse, "We will talk about you going on a date tonight."

I took the tardy slip and nodded before heading toward my next class...Language Arts with Joe. As I walked to class I looked down at the tardy slip, "Please Excuse Cecelia for being late to class, she was discussing boys with her brother," I smiled...what a dork. I walked into class and met Joe in front where he had already started his lecture for the day. I handed him my tardy slip and he quickly waved me to my seat without question after seeing the excuse from Nick. I shot Matt a smile as I took my seat and thankfully class went by fairly quickly. When the bell rang I was again called out by a brother asking me to stay after class so I sat in my seat as the other students left and Joe made his way to my desk.

"Do you have your paper?" he said sitting down on the desk across from mine.

"Yup," I said, my stomach dropping as I pulled the papers from my bag "I mean...no."

Joe's brows furrowed, "What do you mean no?"

‐-------------------

Please click that little star button and leave me your thoughts below!