Chapter 13: the make up.

Gaige pov

“Cass?” I said shocked. She wasn’t supposed to call us or see us until the dance.

There was a long pause at her end.

 “Gaige... can we meet? Umm you know there is this hill south off the beach... I'll see you there in 15” she said a hurriedly... she didn’t wait for his answer; I guess didn’t want to hear a no or why... all she wanted to do was meet me.

I was there before her. I walked up to him lazily. “Cass” I said walking up to her.

“Wait... before you say anything... you have to hear me out. Gaige I have decided after giving this a lot of thought... these past few days, they have not been easy... I mean I had to relive every suppressed memory... both good and bad. You and I have always been... well explosive. The things that had happen... its best if they stay in the past. Gaige I like you”

“I like you too” I said moving closer to her.

I could see tears in her eyes. I hugged her tight.

“You don’t understand Gaige. I’m sorry... but I can’t make us work...” she said crying

“I know things have changed Cass. But you have to believe me when I say this. I have changed”

“Please Gaige just stop. I can’t do this because I'm in love with him. I love Kael! Gaige! I love him... it's always been him. I'm sorry” she said running back to her car.

“I’ll always wait for you Cass. No matter how long it takes... I know we will be together” I yelled after her.

I watched her drive off. I know that I will not lose her. I took out my phone and dialled Kael’s number.

“HELLO”

“LOOK LIKE YOU WIN. FOR NOW...”

****

Cassandra’s pov

I went to this small coffee shop after. I couldn't take going to the pit. I knew what I wanted. I sat there sipping on my coffee blankly.

Was I done with Gaige?

Why was he making things worse? Could he just not be done with me? A small part of me was happy... happy that he was fighting for me, but it wasn’t fair to make him wait. Then again, he was the one who choose to wait for me. So really... it wasn’t my problem.

I headed home at around seven. I went up to my room and shut myself in. It was a hard day... I didn’t know how to feel, or what to feel but I knew I had made the right choice. Gaige had never fought for me then; to him it was all just a statement, if it were Kael, he had never given up hope... not even when I had was dating Gaige, even though he wanted to ask me out the same night.

“He loves you Cassa! It's always been you!” said Alessandra after pulling me out of my room. I had just one day left to decide. She pulled me out to the mall to get a dress for the dance.

“How do you know that?” I said moving through the crowd.

“Okay... the night of Dave’s party... he wanted to ask you out... besides admit it Cass... you agreed to date Gaige only because you had a crush on him... don’t tell me you actually saw a future with him.”

“He wanted to ask me out? Back then? Why didn’t he tell me?” I whined.

“Would you actually consider dating him back then? When you were in your Gaige haze? He wasn’t ready to be rejected Cass. He has always had a special corner for you! He has always been there Cass. He fought for you.” She said shaking me.

Was I making the right choice? Why did he want to fight for me? After all this time! Gaige! Why?

*knock* *knock*

“Yeah come in” I yelled

“Hey” said Keera as she came in.

I looked at her with an expression mixed with confusion and shock. I did not expect to see her

“Your mum let me in” she said sitting down on my bed.

“Yeah... umm sorry I just wasn’t expecting you” I said sitting down next to her. “What's up?”

“Umm okay... I just thought you should know... it doesn’t matter who you choose, I mean... I haven’t come here to tell you choose my brother, all I wanted to tell you is that, you should choose who your heart tells you choose. My brother is great and all... but Gaige, he has loved you Cassandra. He always has... even when you guys dated... you know...”

“Keera... it's great that you're trying to help me out and all that, but you know there is no point in getting into the past details... because I have made my choice.”

***

I walked up to the entrance in my white sweetheart neckline dress. It was three inches above my knee in front and a little below my calf behind. I had paired it up with my white and silver peep toe stiletto and a read rhinestone necklace and earring. My hair was tied up in an intricate bun and my fringe swiped across my forehead.

The theme for the winter formals was snowflake.

I walked in and saw a few heads turn, but I could find the face that I was looking for.

I spotted Alessandra in her white lace dress that was super short to show off her sexy Brazilian legs. It had silver floral work on it. She had paired it up with a big silver and gold three layer chain with gold stilettos. Dave wore a gold and silver tie with his tux. I went up to them.

“Hey” they said in perfect synchronization.

“Hey” I said softly. This dance was the last happy memory Gaige and I had shared before we broke up.

“Well okay, the suspense is just too much... tell us already who did you pick?” said Alessandra squeezing my arm.

“Well...” I said dragging my tone. I loved how nervous they looked.

Just then Calvin Harris’s feel so close started to play. “Oooh I love this song!” I said with a small jump. “Let’s go dance!”

“Did someone say dance?” said Kael walking up to us. God did he look sexy! In his silver tie and perfectly smooth tux. He wore a black vest in which helped define his body better. “Well! Let’s go! The D.J isn’t going to play it a second time round!” he said taking my hand.

“Awe! You asked him to play it for me?” I said pouting.

“NO! I asked him to play it for us” he said kissing me on my forehead.

“OH MY GOD! Yes! I knew it” yelled Alessandra

“OKAY LETS GO!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HI! :)

IM SO SORRY ABOUT SLOWING DOWN MY UPLOAD SPEED!

I HOPE YOU LIKE GAIGE'S POV! TRIED MY BEST!

XO! PLEASE VOTE OR COMMENT!