Chapter 3: the awkward ex convo

HI GUYS THIS IS KEERTHANA! I'D LIKE TO REQUEST ALL MY READERS TO COMMENT AND VOTE FOR MY STORY! 

PS: PLEASE TRY NOT TO BE TOO RUDE ! 

THANKS! 

***************************************************************************************************************

Gaige just stared at my face in disbelief. Why is it so hard for him to believe it.

I have to admit, it felt good looking at him feel so... bad, but a small part of my mind kept telling me… ‘he used to be special’.

“Gaige” said Kael, cautiously as he saw him clench his fist.

“I cannot believe what you just said Cassandra. Is that how much our past meant to you?”

“Look Gaige” I said trying hard to curb my anger. What the hell did he mean? He was more than happy the day after we broke up. It was as if our relationship had never existed and now he has had some epiphany and I’m just supposed to forget it all and feel bad for him? NO WAY.

“You knew this would happen. I don’t see why it’s so unbelievable. I mean u have Athena! What is your problem? Why are you smiling?!” I cried when I saw his expression change. This guy always manages to bring out the worst in me.

“Let’s see how long this lasts! Knowing you it wouldn’t last a day!”

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?

“Oh so I was the problem? Not you? What the hell are you saying? You were the one who said you wanted your ‘bachelor lifestyle’ back” I said stumbling forward. I could just break his face. Kael held me back

“Don’t do it” he whispered.“There will be no difference between the two of you if you do.”

I tried to suppress my anger.

 One moment ago, Kael and I were in the middle or the most beautiful kiss. So passionate and so intimate …and now I’m blowing my head off, yelling like a crazy woman.

You can do this Cassa. You know you can.

“Well... I hope you enjoy disappointment.... oh and for what it’s worth. You and I lasted a day. Kael and I will last a lifetime.” I said as I stared to walk away... interlocking hands with Kael.

“Good luck with that” he yelled.

“Don’t respond. He is not worth it” advised Kael calmly.

This was the best thing about Kael. He knew everything about me and about my past... this made life so much easier.... not having to explain why some jerk was yelling at us in the middle of our kiss. Phew! Thank god I didn’t have to have the awkward ex convo! If it were some other boy... he would probably have run for his life.

As we walked back into the peach pit, Alessandra eyed us suspiciously. God did that girl know everything?

Kael and I used to walk like this most of the time. For an outsider to think of us as a couple is acceptable... but Alessandra?

“Hey” she said with a sly smile. “Do you guys want to tell us something?”

Just as she said that, everybody turned towards us. Even Athena put down her compact mirror to look at us.

Agh!

“Yeah…” said Kael as he run his free hand through his hair.

“They are dating” said a voice from behind us. It made me want to jump.

As I steered around, quite sure of who it was, I saw Gaige leaning against the door of the exit. What the hell is his problem? That was my thing to say! Not his! Does he have some kind of death wish?

Kael yelped suddenly. “What’s wrong?” I asked surprised.

“You’re clawing into my hand!” he said softly.

“Oh… sorry” I said quite embarrassed.

“You think that hurts? Wait till you see her wild in bed”

That’s it. I walked four paces before I reached Gaige. I swung my right hand back and hit him right in his nose.