i'd like to think you love me too.

Chapter 1: peach pit.

His dreamy eyes ... his perfect lips... and that oh so glossy hair!

I could stare at him all day long...  oh Gaige this moment would be so perfect if I didn’t hate you so much!

 Gaige Clark was the sexiest guy in school! You could hear every girl sigh with despair every time he walked in the hallway... His breath taking smile could woo any girl however tough she might be. His masculinity tipped everybody over.

 And I hated that!

 Did I mention in addition to his looks what a complete douche he is?!

Oh yes he is not those I’m good looking and I don’t know it kind of guys we all see in stories and sitcoms ... no he is the ‘complete douchy I am full of myself kinda guy’ and he wouldn’t miss the smallest chance that he got to charm his way through ... I was going to get to know what his kryptonite is...  Gaige YOU BETTER LOOK OUT!

“Cassandra! Yoo hoo thanks for listening! I just spoke to for 10 whole minutes while you took nothing in! Wow I feel loved” whined Alessandra as she waited patiently with me at our great stake out... which was outside peach pit cafe... where all the jocks hung out every Friday night before they left for their weekly parties.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not some lame nerd who is shunned away from social gatherings and my existence being totally oblivious to the people surrounding me... I have had my fair share of wild nights but none like the one that took place at Dave’s house...

Aah does that night bring back memories...

Dave aka Davis parker your everyday high school sweet guy whose best friend happens to be an egoistic maniac who loved for the spot light to be only on him  aka Gaige... Dave thankfully was nothing like his best friend... He wasn’t rude or an ass... He was genuinely nice and he loves Alessandra in ways that only made me want to sob my heart out... I mean don’t get me wrong. I would never want to ruin anything so perfect but it made me wonder if I could find someone like that...

“Cass I can’t stand this any longer! He is there and I can’t stay holed up in here with this pointless stake out! Please come in! I’m hungry... please Cass lets come back” said Alessandra getting out of the car as she pulled her hair out of the messy knot and let it fall elegantly on her back...  Alessandra did possess that Brazilian beauty and that seemed to make her shimmer every time she stepped into the sun.

Alessandra Rivera aka my best friend had come to riverside high in 7th grade. Her Brazilian personality made her stand out of the other kids and we instantly took to each other...

I sighed in defeat and dragged myself out of the car straightening my shorts and pulling my H&M leather jacket over my shoulder.

Alessandra always got her way

As we walked in Dave spotted Alessandra and literally made a run towards her. As their fingers interlocked they stared at each other for the longest time and the world around them just disappeared... wow! He kissed her on her forehead and they just smiled at each other.

“Alessandra and well well well if it isn’t little miss sunshine” said Gaige as he walked scanning every inch of my body so shamelessly. It’s shocking how pathetic he has become over the years.

“Yup that’s me! Here to brighten your day” the words that came out were oozing with sarcasm... but I am sure that dumb jock didn’t get that... he wouldn’t even it hit him on his face.

“Don’t you look sexy? It’s almost like you get hotter by the day”

God! I so badly wanted to hit him in his special place.

“Yes I do” I said being as snarky as I could. It’s not like me to hurt a person... but this guy brought out the violent side of me.

A side no one should see.

“Sandra, Cass come join us!” yelled Kael from his table.

 Kael Miller is the high school football captain. And Gaige’s greatest competitor! You could understand why I loved this guy so much... he made it his mission to make Gaige’s life a living hell... every single day!

“Coming!” I yelled smiling as I saw Gaige’s face fall.

Peach pit was the hangout hub for everybody from riverside. The senior’s hung out here every day and it was the spot where something sparked or ended... extreme high school drama.

I snuggled up to Kael and he just stroked my hair. Kael and I had been childhood friends... come to think of it everybody at riverside knew each other from a very young age... all the kids in the neighbourhood went to the same places... whether it was to hangout or to shop or to study. Come to think of it, it’s like we are one big family...

Ugh! I get the chills when I think of Gaige and I being related. It’s hard enough that we see each other everyday... I can’t imagine what my life would be like if he were related to me... ewe!

“And I just had to rush out!! Ha-ha! I couldn’t take it anymore! Cass? Is anybody there?” said Kael waving his hand in front of my face.

“Huh? Oh ya hey sorry, I got a bit... lost”.

Ok what is that creep up to now...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------