35. Therapy session 2

It was the Monday after Christmas and Conner and I decided to drive together since we had been getting along.

We pulled into the office parking lot and parked and then walked into the building. We didn't talk as we walked but it wasn't awkward.

We quickly checked in and then sat down and waited our turn.

Conner and I both just played on our phones for the half hour we waited.

When we got into the room Jenna was already sitting, waiting for us.

Conner and I took our seats across from her.

"Hello Elena and Conner"

Weboth said hello back and she started into the session.

"So did you two do your homework?" She asked and we nodded.

"What did you do?"

Conner spoke up.

"We went and picked out a Christmas tree for about an hour or two and we spent time together during Christmas" He said while looking at me.

I could feel my face heating up and apparently Jenna took notice of it.

"Did something happen during Christmas?" She asked.

"Um...we slept together" I said shyly.

It was so weird talking about this.

"That's technically spending time together but that is not what I want to happen. Yes, you two are adults with children but when we're working through a break up, it is not healthy to be doing that" She said and it felt like we were being scolded by a parent.

"Sorry" I said while looking at my hands.

"I'm not yelling at you I'm just stating my concerns" She said while a laugh.

"Okay, let's talk about your kids. We touched on the subject a little bit last session but ran out of time"

She then looked at us.

"Let's start with Elena since Conner started last week"

I nodded.

"Like what do you want me to say?" I asked.

"Anything. How you parent them? How the kids are in general? Just anything you want"

It was kind of hard just saying stuff without a starting point.

"Well Carson, the youngest one, he's the cry baby of the family. He cries at every little thing but I realized he was becoming spoiled because whenever he cried I would give him whatever he wanted so I'm slowly breaking him of that habit." I said and Jenna turned to Conner.

"Are you enforcing the same rules as Elena, towards Carson?" She asked.

"Well Carson doesn't act like that with me." He said confidently.

I rolled my eyes.

"Is something wrong Elena?" Jenna asked.

"It's just maybe Carson doesn't act like that but he lets Sky do whatever she wants" I said.

I was almost positive this was gonna start a fight.

"Well Sky's a little more responsible than a seven year old" He stated.

"She's fourteen so obviously she's basically an adult. You let her do whatever she wants because she's a daddy's girl and you don't want to be the "mean" parent but I'm always stuck being that parent" I argued.