6. Tragedy

Conner>

You guys know I like to keep things close to reality so...
~
THURSDAY

"Have a nice day everyone" I called at the end of the day on Thursday.

They all yelled 'Bye Miss Lander' back and I smiled.

I loved my class.

I quickly packed up all my things and left.

All the little kids had gotten sick throughout the week so Conner had stayed home with them along with Sky since she was still suspended.

When I got home I grabbed all my bags and entered the house. I took of my shoes and dropped all my bags down by the door.

The house was dead silent which I thought was very strange since all the kids should be home.

I walked into the living room and saw Conner and Louise sitting there talking quietly.

I knew Louise saw me because she tapped Conners hand and he turned his head to look at me.

His face showed little to no emotion and it made me very worried.

"What's going on?" I asked cautiously.

All these terrible thoughts were running through my head.

"Why is Louise here?" I asked since Conner didn't answer me.

"Um...Elena how about you sit down?" Conner suggested.

I looked at him before slowly slipping down onto the couch.

"Elena.." he began and I heard it in his voice.

"What happened Conner? Are the kids alright?" He looked down at his hands and I gasped.

No, not my babies!

"I'm going to leave you two" Louise said before getting up and leaving the room.

"Elena, I got a call from the hospital today.." He said looking back up at me.

"You..um.." He cleared his throat before grabbing my hands.

"Your dad got into a car accident this morning and.." I felt tears filling my eyes.

"He's in critical condition and they're not sure if he'll make it or not"

Tears fell from my eyes and Conner looked at me with the saddest look I've ever seen.

"I'm so sorry baby" Conner croaked and then pulled me into a hug.

I didn't care at this point so I let Conner hold me. I clutched his shirt and put my head on his shoulder while I cried my eyes out.

"Mommy what's wrong?" I shot up and looked down to see Liam standing there.

I rushed to wipe my tears away.

I then reached over and pulled Liam into my lap.

"Nothing baby" I said but I just felt more tears well up because my dad and Liam were best friends.

"Then why are you crying?" He asked.

I closed my eyes to hold myself together.

"Liam...how about you come back with me?"

I opened my eyes to see Louise standing in front of me.

"But mommys sad" Liam said and my throat tightened.

"Baby why don't you go with grandma, okay?" Liam looked at me cautiously before getting out of my lap and grabbing Louise's hand.

"Can we go to the hospital?" I asked Conner and he nodded.