15 ~ Song He Sings

Harry ~ "Father and Daughter"  by Paul Simon

Harry had a day off from work, so he was able to sleep late with you. It was relaxing just to be able to be with him and not worry about anything. He was relaxed, too. He quickly forgot about the stress of writing an album and filming another movie when he arrived home the night before. You enjoyed the night with a hot bubble bath and a movie, plus a little bit of fooling around in the kitchen. Harry didn't let your swollen stomach get in the way of making you feel beautiful. 

"Love, get up," you heard as he shook your body gently. You turned over onto your back, groaning, and opened your eyes to see your husband leaning over you. You smiled and lifted your hand to meet his cheek. "C'mon, get up. I want to go out today, yeah?"

You nodded, smiling as you sat up. He pulled you up and spun you around, making you laugh out loud and fall back onto the bed. He grabbed his guitar from the corner of the room; he had been learning to play better than he could before. He would come home from recording or writing with blisters and cuts on his fingertips, since he's been playing too much before his fingers had the change to build up calluses. He was really amazing at it now, after he'd had so much practice.

He began strumming, and you stood up again. He started singing, "I'm gonna watch you shine, gonna watch you grow. Gonna paint a sign, so you'll always know: as long as one and one is two, oo-ooh, there could never be a father, who loved his daughter more than I love you," You spun around as he sang and walked towards you, playing random cords that didn't match the song.

You laughed and danced some more. These moments are what you missed most when he was working. The fun, carefree ones, that aren't planned but have the most meaning. He's been working so much lately, and you knew it was only because he wanted to get his work done so he could be home when the baby came, but you missed him never the less. You loved those moments with him, and you couldn't wait to have moments like these with your daughter.

"I believe the light that shines on you will shine on you forever, and though I can't guarantee there's nothing scary hiding under your bed, I'm gonna stand guard like a postcard of a golden retriever, and never leave 'til I leave you with a sweet dream in your head."

Niall ~ "Sunshine on my Shoulders"  by John Denver

One of your favorite places the boys visited while on tour was Boston. They would perform at Gillette stadium, but stay in the heart of the city. It was beautiful in autumn, with rows and rows of big trees, their leaves flaming red and yellow, pale gold, rose color.The splendid red-orange of these trees swirl with the wind lining the walkways. The boys had a few days off, and instead of flying back home, you and Niall would spend the next three days in Boston.

It was one of the nicer days since you've been here, with the sun shining instead of overcast clouds. You and Niall decided to have a private picnic it the public garden, by the pond. You packed a bag full of left over pizza from one of the oldest pizzerias in the city, and brought a bodyguard along. Once you arrived, Niall laid the blanket down and took his guitar out of it's case. He helped you sit down and get comfortable before sitting down himself.

It felt cold as the wind blew against you, picking up the golden orange leaves from the ground; the golden and red colors fly about like a fire.  He started playing a few random cords while you at the cold pizza, letting Niall take a bite every few minutes. The autumn the colors and the smells join to make a picturesque scene around you. His mindless playing eventually turned into a song that you instantly recognized. "Sunshine on my Shoulders" by the great John Denver.

"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy, sunshine in my eyes can make me cry," he sang softly. You smiled and leaned up against him. "Sunshine on the water looks so lovely, sunshine almost always makes me high,"