12 ~ First Kick

Harry ~ You held up a small blue onesie with white polka dots up in front of your face, admiring how small is was. Harry smiled at you from the driver's seat, both hands staying on the wheel. He stole a glance at you every few moments as you took all the items you had just bought out of the shopping bag that was at your feet. Harry had called a boutique in the city and told them he would pay for them to close so you and him could go shopping. You thoroughly enjoyed yourself; it was the first time that you were able to go shopping for the baby without being papped and mobbed by fans. It was nice having the whole shop to yourselves.

You and Harry spent a lot of money there, so your whole boot and the second row of the car were filled. Harry had picked out most of the clothing, said his daughter would always have something nice to wear. He threw things in the cart, and you followed him around with a trolley. You put some things back and got a different size of some things, but you realized he had really nice taste for 'women's fashion. You joked, saying that he would have to start shopping for you.

You also bought a bouncer seat, a swinging chair, and a small rocking crib for beside your bed when the bean was small. You and Harry had started calling her that a few months ago, when you were still in the first trimester and didn't know that the baby was a girl. The Bean was your nickname for her, and you had a feeling it would carry on long into her life.

"That one is my favorite," Harry said when you held up a pink floral button up. The material was silky and it closely resembled the type of shirts he wore. It was one of your favorites, too, but you wouldn't admit it to him; you didn't want to give him the satisfaction of being right.

"I know it is," you smirked, turning to hide your expression.

"You like it too, don't you?" He cooed, reaching over to squeeze your thigh. You knew exactly what expression he wore on his face, but you stayed looking out the window with you arms crossed over your chest. "After all that at the store..."

"Harry, the price on it was close to 200 pounds," you explained, turning to him. You couldn't hide your smile so his just grew.

"Yeah but look how adorable it is! I stick by my decision."

"It's impractical, I mean...a baby in a 200 pound shirt! All babies do is stain their clothes."

"But it's cute. Besides, we have enough money for things like this." Harry smiled. He usually wasn't one to make such spontaneous, impractical purchases, unless of course it had to do with fashion. He was always one to put fashion ahead of money. If he liked a piece of clothing, he would buy it no matter the price. He also got a lot of free, big brand name items because of his fame and he loved it.

You had a realization today while shopping. You realized that Harry would do anything for the baby, anything for his little princess. He bought so much for her. You could tell that she would always have the best. Harry didn't spend money just to spend it. He did make some wise purchases today that he really thought about before committing to. The hours before your shopping trip he spent on the laptop researching brands of baby products and reading reviews on products. He made a list of the necessities. Harry would always make sure his baby had the best.

"I'm glad you bought it. Today was nice, thank you for that. I can't wait to see you holding our baby girl," you told him, grasping his free hand tightly. You were stuck in some traffic with a mixed CD playing on the car's expensive sound system. The take out food was in the back seat and the smell was amazing. Today had gone perfectly and you had such a nice day alone with your husband. "I know you're going to be an amazing father."

"I'm actually really nervous about that. What if I mess up?"

"Every parent messes up on the first kid. People say the first kid is always the 'test' kid. Most of the time they turn our alright," you said, and Harry chuckled.