11 ~ Finding Out The Gender

***I'm so sorry that its taken me so long to update...I can't even remember the last time I did. Sorry.***

Harry ~ "Harry, what's taking so long?" You shouted down the hall, getting tired of waiting for Harry to finish styling his hair and picking an outfit. He usually took longer than you to get ready, mostly because he took to long to decide between his many patterned, collared shirts.

Today, you were extra antsy while waiting for him, because today was they day you'd find out the gender of the baby. You were so excited, and after months of waiting for this day to arrive, you didn't want to wait any longer. You were currently 20 weeks pregnant, halfway there, and your belly was noticeable even when you wore loose, flowy shirts or dresses.

You were eager to be able to call your baby he or she, start buying gender-specific baby clothes, and plan the nursery. After you knew the sex of the baby, it would be so much easier to prepare for him or her.

"I'm coming, love, I'm coming." He said, jogging down the hall and into your view. You smiled when you saw the shirt he wore: a blue short-sleeved button down with flamingos on it. He had been wearing it when you told him your were pregnant, when you went to the first scan, and any other doctor's appointments since. You wouldn't be surprised if he wore it on the day your child was born. "Don't worry, we've got plenty of time. It's a short drive."

Harry was right, and it was a quick ride, but a ride filled with laughter and gender guessing. When you got to the office, you practically skipped down the corridor with Harry copying your actions. You laughed when you turned back to look at him and his hair flowing wildly around his face. Once inside the waiting room, you signed in and were quickly ushered into a room.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Styles. Feeling alright lately?" You doctor asked as she prepped the machine. As you answered, she instructed you to lie on the bed and lift your shirt. As she squeezed the gel onto your skin, she warned, "Just a bit cold here."

"How's the baby doing?" Harry asked, moving closer to the screen so he could get a better look. He grasped your hand as the image of your baby showed up.

"And there is your baby, looking healthy as ever. Growth seems on track; right now they're about the size of a banana, just to give you an idea." She continued to press buttons on the machine as she guided the probe around your abdomen.

"And what about the gender? Can you tell yet?" you asked anxiously. If she wasn't able to tell, you would be upset since you've been waiting so long. You've gotten yourself so excited over the past few weeks, and having to wait longer would frustrate you.

"Yes, it looks like I can tell. Would you like me to tell you?"

"Please," Harry answered quickly, before you even had the chance to open your mouth.

"Alright, well it seems you're expecting a baby girl. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Styles." The doctor smiled widely. Harry quickly pulled you in for a hug as you began to cry, not being able to control your emotions because of your hormones.

"We're having a little girl, Harry!" You whispered excitedly as he wiped your cheeks dry.

"She's going to be just as beautiful as her mummy," he said before softly pressing his lips to yours.

"Would you two like pictures?" The doctor asked timidly, not wanting to interrupt your moment. You both nodded and you began to wipe the gel from your stomach.