Athens (UPDATED)

~Adelaide~

If I told you that I wasn't confused and that I had figured out everything, it would be a lie. I didn't know if I could trust the lady, but her story was oddly credible and explained a whole lot of things about my life.

I left the building with Enodia. I decided to enjoy Greece for a while. I could find a nice alley to sleep at night and hang out at the beach during the day. I could make necklaces with shells and sell them to make a bit of money! I had so much ambition but so little talent...

Without warning, Enodia started to run. I tried to call her, but there was nothing to do. I decided to follow her. If I lost her, I don't know what I would do, especially if she was some kind of magical dog.

Enodia ran a lot. She took me out of the city. That was not how I arrived in Athens. Far away, I could see Enodia charging a boy. She made him fall.

"Enodia stop it! Oh my god, what are you doing are you crazy!?" I shouted, shocked at her behaviour.

I ran to the boy. He didn't look hurt, just very surprised by the situation. Enodia was licking his face. Two boys were standing over the boy on the ground and looked as surprised. They didn't know what to do. I pulled Enodia's necklace and freed the boy.

"I am so sorry!" I apologized while helping the boy to get up. "She doesn't act like this often. Actually, she never acted like this ever..."

The boy passed his fingers through his dirty dark hair. He looked young. Maybe ten?

"That's okay," he said. "I'm not hurt."

There was an awkward silence. I presented my hand so he could shake it.

"My name's Adelaide. I just arrived in Athens and I've been through weird shit."

The boy laughed softly. Maybe at my straightforwardness. He shook my hand.

"My name is Killian. I'm from Italy and I've had a very okay life. This is Lewis and James, my friends."

The two boys with him waved at me.

"Well, that was nice to meet you! Have a good life I guess?" I said

What the hell? What was wrong with me? I started to walk away. After a few steps, I noticed that Enodia was following the three boys. I called her, but she stayed behind them. I grabbed her by the necklace, but she wouldn't move.

"Come on, girl! We need to go!"

Stay together.

The words rang in my head like an order. I turned my head to see who could have said that. I saw that Killian was looking as confused as I was.

"You heard that too," I mouthed.

He nodded.

Look for Demeter's daughter. Look for the Seven. Save Olympus. You are the chosen ones.

~Delilah~

I insisted to take Hugo to the hospital. I invented an excuse, obviously. He fell from a tree. I don't think they believed me, but they wouldn't have liked it if I had told them the real story. When Hugo woke up, I asked him about what he meant before he lost consciousness. He told me he didn't remember. He didn't seem to remember the snake lady or me being the daughter of Demeter either.

After two days in the hospital, he felt better. He told me he wanted to call his family to tell them he was all right. I found it weird since he never spoke about his family before today. He asked me to leave him alone while he called his family, which I did.

After a few minutes, he was still on the phone. I was too curious and I really wanted to know what he had to tell to these people who he didn't see for several weeks and who he didn't look to care for that much. I put my ear against the door and could hear a bit of the conversation.

"I swear she is fantastic! I never thought that a girl... could be that fantastic. She still needs... But I'm sure she would be capable of... Yes, I will be there soon... I will do my best."

What was he talking about? It sure wasn't of my business. However, I was curious. When his call was over, I entered his room.

"Deli, we need to go. We are late on our schedule. I suggest we take the plane to Greece. This way we will have the time to visit Athens without forgetting anything.

"Fine, but we need to pay for the tickets..."

"That's taken care of by... My father. He planned everything."

Two days later, we were on a plane, heading to Athens. Hugo wouldn't stop telling me how beautiful the city was. I started to find his attitude strange. Who was his father to be able to buy tickets that easily and why was it so important to visit Athens? It wasn't hard to believe that the city was beautiful, but come on...

Ladies and gentlemen, we are starting our descent. Please fasten your seat belt, make sure your luggage is safely stored in the compartment overhead or under the seat in front of you. Thank you to remove your personal earphones. Thank you to have chosen us for your flight.

Hugo put his hand on mine. I tried to act as if I hadn't noticed. What was he doing? He couldn't be interested in me... Oh and whatever! We weren't at school and no one could see us.