28 : mad hatter

She couldn't see me coming. But she soon felt me, the end of a gun pressed up against her spine. "Walk. And talk. One false move and I will paralyse you for life."

"Why won't you just kill me already?"

"Not in public." I chuckled.

She smelt nice, of nostalgia and memories, and her usual vanilla scent. But, such memories irritated me beyond words.

She lied. She faked her gruesome death, somehow. And left me. Left me to be eaten away by guilt.

She broke the silence.

"Can we talk?"

"What is there to talk about? I have an idea; how the hell do you fake such death?" I grunted, pressing the gun into her with a bit more force. She looked distressed.

"It's a long story." Skye sighed.

"We have time."

"Someone is coming for you. They know you're killing mindlessly and they don't want to hand you in; they want to straight up torture you until you confess and then send you to jail." She sighed.

"Bluff."

"I'm not lying, why would I?"

I looked at her for a second, then burst out laughing like a maniac. "Are you serious?!"

"Okay fine, but you get what I mean." She chuckled. "You haven't changed one bit, Ross. You're still the bright kid with the bright eyes, continuously up to no good. God, I missed you."

"Into the house." I released her, but kept her at gun point until the door was shut. "Who's coming for me?"

"Your dad." Skye said. "He knows you killed Rydel too, now he's definitely coming for you. And I don't want you to get hurt."

"How do you know?"

"I'm not stupid." She easily took the gun from my hands, and I surprisingly didn't attempt to get it back. All I could do was stare at the face that could still make me move mountains. "Faking my death was not easy. The girl being hit by a train was coincidental - originally I was going to run away. But I opened up to my Dad but only said that you were abusive, not a serial killer. So he went down and identified the body as mine. Then he gave me money and told me to stay safe."

I nodded. "Did you miss me?" She didn't speak above a whisper, now very close to me.

"You made me into what I am today. It was your death that destroyed me. Of course I missed you." I breathed out before kissing her forehead, all memories hitting me at full speed. It was like opening a freshly closed wound all over again, and it hurt, but to be with her again felt amazing. My hands became tangled in her curls, and hers somewhere on my belt.

I loved Bradley, I truly did. But my heart always belonged to Skye.

Up until now.

I pulled my lips away from hers, leaving more kisses on her neck. "You need to stay away from me."

"What?" She muttered.

"I'm a destructive person. Last thing I want is for me to suddenly turn rouge on you. Plus I met somebody," her eyes dropped. "It's nothing agains you, I just concluded you were dead."

"It's fine, Ross. I'm glad you've moved on." She reached for my hands. "You're strong. You can stop yourself, get help and reshape your life."

I nodded again, and she released me heading to the door. "Call me if you need anything."

Her words went directly into my head. All I needed was one last thrill, and that was going to be today. After that, I'm done.

+++

"Hello?"

"Hi Bradley."

"Hi Ross..how are you?"

"Good. You?"

"I'm fine, thank you...um.."

"I'd like to speak to you. Can you come to my house in 30 minutes?"

"Sure, I'll be there in a few."

short kinda filler chapter but what Skye said is hella important // two more chapters!!