6 : coming down

Bradley Carter

"Where in the hell were you?" Edward gripped my arm the moment I stepped into the house. I winced slightly, but ignored him as if he was not touching me at all.

"I was finishing school work, and get off my arm. You already fractured my leg." I hissed at him, yanking my limb away from his paws.

"There you are! We were worried sick!" Mom grabbed me, forcing me into a hug. I winced.

"Chill, Mom, Brady's 20 years old- not 2" Luke sighed. "What took you so long though?"

"I had to finish up some art stuff." I answered. "Anyway, I'm going to take a shower and then I'll come down for dinner."

"Fancy some company?" Edward's hand found its way to my hip.

I brushed it away, walking up the stairs. "No."

Edward has most likely gathered the fact that I cannot stand him. The three months when we first met were amazing and I could safely say, I was falling in love with him. But, slowly, he started to show his true colours and ever since, I have hated him.

He's a misogynist, sex-crazed swine that my parents have yet to boot out of our household.

Luckily, my siblings don't hesitate to have my back- they hate him as much as I do. And as for our dog, if we leave him around Edward for too long, he bites him.

I locked the door and began to undress myself. As I gathered my bath supplies, my phone rang. "I'm glad you got the number right."

"It was mirrored, you sneaky one." Ross' voice filled the en suite. "Did you make it on time?"

"Yeah, they faffed about for a bit but I'm in the bath right now, super close to falling asleep" I sighed. "The tunes are rolling, the bath is lovely and my stomach is rumbling now"

He chuckled. "What are you doing after that?"

"Probably going to eat something, be nice and hang out downstairs for a while before I come back up, write up some evaluations and then hit the bed" I played with the fizzing bath bomb. "What about you?"

"Probably going to sleep in a bit. I need to go to my University tomorrow early for some details"

"Nice. Also, are you up for coffee on Saturday?"

"Sure, can't say no to coffee"

+++

Ross Lynch

I brushed my up and down my jeans, easing the tingling sensation radiating from the centre of my left hand.

It was only expected; Tuesday night, nearing the early hours. It was bound to happen.

And when 'that' happens, I become a totally different person- my fear of blood becomes an obsession, and I become quieter, more slick. And feel no guilt.

I pulled myself from the couch, heading to the basement to collect weapons. Anything goes tonight, as long as I'm not caught.

I laid my hands on one of the two rifles I owned, releasing a sigh. Following so, I gathered 4 bullets and some gloves.

Today's target was a guy I should have killed in my earlier days; Hugo Massey. He was the weed supplier who destroyed my chances of getting a scholarship by providing me with weed when he knew about my test the next day.

Lucky for me, he updated his status every 3 minutes, and today, he was at a party. All I had to do, was hide and wait. Again, to my luck, the large house the party was at was circled by trees and bushes, so I hid myself in one of those.

It was a good half hour until he stumbled out on his own, heading down the dark country lane. I smirked, following behind him, gun in hand.

+++

She set down the newspaper, eyes wide. "Did you hear? This guy was found dead with 4 bullet wounds, his body tied to the back of his parent's car"

"That's awful"

"It is." Brady sipped her latte carefully. It was Saturday, and we were at the coffee shop near her school since she was midway a painting, explaining the colourfully stained burgundy jumper she wore with some jeans and her hair pinned back. The look suited her, but I would always prefer her hair down; it matches her free spirit.

It's been a little bit under a week since we met, and I know her very well. She doesn't settle, she asks for details but knows when to stop. It's like she connects with whoever is with her on a deeper level.

She sighed, and looked at me. "You look kind of down. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, just kind of tired." I shrugged, forcing a smile. She grinned back, not totally convinced, but enough to drop the subject. Her eyes travelled to the door, where she did a double-take.

"Fuck," how does one sound so polite swearing. "My fiancé is here"

As she said that, I looked to a boy, probably no older than me, powering towards our table, his dark hair bouncing with his steps, lips pressed to a thin line.

"Who's this?" He looked at me.

"Hi to you too, Edward," Brady snickered. "This is Ross, and he's a friend of mine. Ross, this is my fiancé with appalling manners, Edward."

"Pleasure to meet you" I shook his hand, and all he did was reply with a 'hmmph'. Dis bitch.

"And why exactly are you with my fiancée?"

"Relax. I'm gay." Was the first thing I said. Brady's eyes nearly popped out of her head. Once this knucklehead wasn't looking, I shot her a wink and she smirked.

"Oh."

"Yeah. So you can go, now." Brady waved him away. "I'm going to be staying late and then picking up Gabi from dance."

"Right, see you later then." He leaned down to kiss her and she kind of dodged him, but hesitantly kissed him back. And he was gone.

"You're not actually gay, right?"

I laughed. "Even if I was, I would turn straight back for you"

"Was that a compliment?"

"It sure was"

She looked down, her cheeks mildly red. "Thank you"