--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the clocked signal that it was half-time I turned face Liz and ask, "You want to get something to eat?"

"You know what," Liz replied, "I would love to have something sweet right now."

"Girl, you read my mind. Let's go." Standing up I started walking, Liz following right behind me.

We walked to one of the concession stands and bought our ice cream. I got a mint ice cream cone, my favorite, while Liz got her regular vanilla. I never understood while out of all the flavor ice creams out there, she always chooses her vanilla. I always asked her why that is and she always gave me the same reply, it was simple but good. So I just let it be.

Slowly making our way back to the bleachers I asked Liz, "So what was that all about, you and Todd?"

"What do you mean?" Liz said, staring forward not looking at me.

"You know what I mean. " I pushed on.

"Can we not talk about it right now Kou." Liz begged.

"Fine", I replied, "But, you better tell me soon or I will never leave you alone."

Chuckling Liz smiled, "It's not like you ever leave me alone anyways."

"True" I mumbled, "But Liz, you know you can tell me what's on your mind anytime and I'll lend a helping hand right."

"I know you will, that is why you are my best friend. In fact, I wouldn't mind telling you about Todd if you tell me about what is going on between you and Kevin."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, "there is nothing going on between Kevin and I. Unless you're talking about our friendship and how we have known each other for 11 years, but you already know that already."

"I'm not talking about your friendship for Kevin, but your feelings."

"What feelings?"

"That's for you to find out." Liz said as she sat down on the bleachers.

"O.K you're just confusing me now, and I still don't know how this has to do anything with Kevin."

"That's why when I said, when you find out tell me."

While looking at the football field, and watching as the football players piled out from the locker rooms, I sigh, feeling defeated. "Alright then let's just drop this topic. I'm know I'm not going to get any information from you, and you keep throwing riddles at me so let's just leave it."

"Just remember what I said alright Kou. You don't understand it now, but you will. It's always easier to understand when you are the one looking from the outside,"

Not paying much to Liz words I just continue looking toward the fields, getting ready for the second half of the second game.

The second half of the game was even more intense than the first. Both team's going head to head, none of them let their defense down. At the end of the third quarter, the Panther's quarterback Zane Wolff, threw an interception, providing us with a turn over, and taking the football from the Panthers. With only a few seconds left of the third quarter, we decided to go for the field goal, tying the score, 10-10. As fourth quarter went into play, neither side score a touchdown, both defense tight and offense suffering from the impact of each defense.

Keeping my eyes on Kevin, I saw him talking over with Coach Johnson about the next play. His brows frowned down and his face crunch up as he thought about his next move, hoping to win the game.