The Beginning

Zoro is at home, helping his mother with the cooking, his father had come home drunk, he came storming in, seeing Zoro helping his mother, he grabbed the child by the wrist and dragged him outside, he threw a sheathed sword at Zoro, who removed it and started to fight his father.

Zoro lunged Forward, his father slashed Zoro across the chest causing the young boy to drop his swords and scream in pain, "get up you weakling!!", shouted his dad as he walked over and started to kick the boy in the ribs.

"STOP, PLEASE, FATHER!!!", screamed Zoro as he tried to stop his drunk father from killing him, "you're a weakling, your dream is to be the greatest swordsman in the world, how pathetic!", spat his father as his father kicked his side one last time before picking up his sword and positioned to fight.

Zoro shakily got up, he grabbed his sword before attacking his father, once again slashed him, instead this time it struck his arm, a wound that would later scar, his father swung the sword at Zoro's torso, another deep wound appeared and will also scar over, Zoro fell to his knees gasping for breath.

His father hovered over him before kicking Zoro in the stomach, causing Zoro to fall on to his back where his father stepped on his arm and put all his weight on it, two minutes later and Zoro heard a crack, Zoro screamed in pain, his father released his arm and walked off.

Zoro was shivering when his mother came out, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!!!?", screamed his mother to his father as she tried to get to Zoro's aid, his father pushed her back and unsheathed his sword, "take one step forward and it'll be the death of you", threatened his father, his mother stepped forward before being stabbed in the heart, killed instantly, "MUM, NOOO!!!!", screamed Zoro.

Zoro got up and ran away from his father, unfortunately his father is much faster at running so his father caught up with him fast, a sword connected with Zoro's side, he fell forward and screamed in pain, his father grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and walked back to the house.

He was beaten bloody by his father, one last thing his father did was something Zoro was scarred from and that was a little room in their basement where he was tortured with whippings and swords, Zoro fell unconscious before his father kicked his head.

A whimper was heard in the boys cabin, not all the boys had woken up, some being Luffy, Sanji, Franky, Brook and Chopper, Usopp had woken up to the whimper, he looked in Zoro direction, he got out of his bed and tip - toed over to Zoro, "Zoro are you okay?, I heard you wake up", asked Usopp, " U-Usopp I'm fine now I think it's my turn to keep watch", said Zoro calmly as he got out of bed and walked to the deck where Robin was keeping watch .