Mark's heart shattered and he'd finally decided that he'd seen enough. "Hey!" he growled, stepping forward towards the man. "Leave him alone!"

The man snapped his head towards Mark, eyes wide. However, he just huffed and rolled his eyes after taking him in. "Go away, pal. Find your own whore." He then turned back to the boy in front of him, smiling widely. "Now, where were we?"

Mark's eyes widened, turning slightly golden, and his nostrils flared as he growled lowly in his throat. "I said," he murmured angrily, striding forward and grabbing the man's shoulder to spin him around, "leave him the fuck alone!" He yanked the other's shoulder back, causing his grip on the boy to falter, and threw him back into the opposite wall. His hand drew back into a fist and he found himself punching the man straight in the nose, something he'd never thought he'd do.

The Alpha collapsed to the floor in a heap, whining and clutching onto his nose irritably. Mark gave him a swift kick to his stomach, leaning down slightly and snarling, "When someone tells you to let them go, you fucking let them go. Got it, pal?" The man moaned in response, to which Mark stood back up straight and turned back around to the boy behind him.

The boy in question was curled up in the corner, staring up at Mark with fear in his eyes and a quivering lip. Mark's face immediately softened and his eyes returned back to their soft brown, and he crouched down to look at the other. The boy flinched back instantly, tucking his head into his knees.

The man sighed, expression saddening. "Hey, it's alright. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise." He heard the man behind him scuffling around on the floor and then footsteps running away from where him and the other were sat. Coward. He didn't bother looking up.

He didn't get a response from the boy, to which he hesitantly reached a hand out to touch him. However, he stopped in his tracks when a new smell filled his senses. Now that the Alpha was gone, he could finally smell the other scent that had probably been there the entire time, but was just now hitting him full force--he could smell a scared Omega.

He drew his hand back, setting it in his lap. "It's okay. You don't have to answer. I just..." he sighed, "I just wanted to make sure you were alright." At the boy's silence, he softly added, "Not all Alphas are dicks, y'know."

The boy giggled quietly, causing Mark to grin, and lifted his head a bit, staring at the man through teary blue eyes. He raised his eyebrows. "I know," he muttered. "That guy was a major one, though."

"Yeah," Mark agreed, chuckling. "He's not coming back though. I'll make sure of that."

"Okay." The other lifted his head completely from his legs, offering Mark a soft, closed-mouth smile. "Thank you."

"It's not a problem at all." The man grinned widely, standing up and holding out a hand for the boy to take. They stood up, and after they both wiped their pants off, Mark asked quietly, "If you don't mind me asking... What happened there?"

"Exactly what you saw." The other shuddered, hugging his arms around his torso. "He was..." His voice caught and he coughed to clear his throat. He sighed. "My heat is in a few days, and I guess he... smelt me. I don't know." He shrugged, pouting. "And then he just... did that."

Mark frowned as the boy's eyes began welling up again and he hesitantly reached out a hand to place on the other's arm. He only flinched slightly, but eventually leaned into Mark's touch. "Well, as I said before, he's gone and he's not coming back. Okay? He won't hurt you."

The boy unwrapped his arms from around himself and stepped forward, throwing them around Mark's neck. The man startled and frowned, confusedly wrapping his own arms around the boy's waist. "Thank you, so much," the smaller mumbled into Mark's shoulder, to which he shivered. He had to turn his face away slightly, as he could now tell exactly what the other Alpha had smelt on the boy. It was obvious that the Omega was going into heat in a few days.