Chapter 29 - Love is in the Air

CHAPTER 29 - Love is in the Air

I was washing out the conditioner when I felt the breeze, my first thought was ‘vampire’ but it was still daylight.  So I forced myself to relax and breathe again.  

I was about to laugh at my paranoia when I turned.  I froze. Outside the glass shower screen was a silhouette.  The steamy glass prevented me from seeing any detail.  Nothing moved.  I didn’t move nor did the silhouette.

OK, be brave, if it was a vampire and it meant me harm I would be dead by now, right?  But who else would be stalking me in the shower?  Then I noticed a small movement.  Almost like it was shuffling it’s feet.   I released the breath I was holding and allowed my shoulders to drop.  Using my hand I wiped the glass revealing Scott’s face. 

Scott, what did he want now?  I pushed my face back into the water closing my eyes and letting the droplets wash away my tears.  Was he back for round 2?

The shower door opened and as I turned in surprise two hands cupped my face.  He brought his lips to mine and kissed me, crushing his body against mine.  I vaguely heard the shower door swing back closing us in.  His hands left my face and travelled down my skin pulling me closer to him.  His wet clothes clung to his skin and rubbed against mine.  He was still fully dressed in the clothes he had walked out on me wearing. 

Something had obviously changed.  He kissed me with his whole body, like nothing else mattered.  My arms wrapped around his shoulders and through his hair.  Tears still streaming down my face I kissed him back with just as much desperation. 

The cold tiles at my back and the hot water trickling down my front as Scott wordlessly enveloped me in his love.    It felt so good.  It felt so right.  I loved him so much. 

I’ll get you the roses later.

One of his hands disappeared and without parting from me or interrupting our kiss the water was off.  He pulled away from me enough to peel off his drenched t-shirt.  I watched as the fabric separated from his skin rolling up his body and over his head.  Only to be dropped on the shower floor.  Then his thumbs hooked into the waistband of the soft pants.  With a little kicking, fighting and cursing they soon joined the shirt in a mushy pile.  Then his attention was back on me.  He picked me up cupping my bottom as he wrapped my legs around his waist.  Using his back the shower door was flung open and the cool air touched our skin.  I must have shivered because the next thing I knew a fluffy towel was draped around us both. His lips never left mine.  One hand kept me fixed in place while the other must have the towel.  He carried me towards the bed.

“Scott, I can’t, not yet.” I whispered through his kisses.

“Please Natalie, Tell me you love me again,” he breathed as he laid me on the bed.  “I need you.  Let me show you how much I love you.”

“I love you Scott.  And yes, I need you too.  But you just walked out on me Scott, and with everything else... I don’t know.” My voice broke and my tears dripped off my jawbone.

His face dropped and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into to his chest.  “I love you Natalie, I love you so much it hurts.  I keep messing everything up.  I saw you with him and I, I got jealous.  I can’t... Please Natalie, forgive me.  I just can’t be without you.”

“Scott I just spent last night thinking you were dying, thinking I wouldn’t see you again.  Listening to your pain and not being able to help you.  Right now I just want to hold you and know that we are together.  I want to know that you love me and that we are going to survive this.”

“I do love you,” he smiled at me gently and nodded then he held me under the covers and kissed my hair.  We held each other in silence as his fingers softly made patterns on my back.