Chapter 27 - So not Edward!

CHAPTER 27 - So not Edward!

The car came to a stop and I looked out the window to find us outside the rear entrance to the Town Hall. It was an old building built in sandstone and heavy oak timbers.  Being the Iconic building in town it was the one on all our postcards.

“One more thing Natalie, forget everything you have ever read.” He said aloud and laughed with Aze as he did.  “Vampires are not romantic, cultured, exotic, or attractive.  They are raw evil and there is nothing sparkly about them at all.  They will be uncloaked in there and in their natural form.  Expect to be repulsed.” He kissed my forehead and put a hand on the small of my back as we got out of the car. “We are the ones who are perfect and well endowed. Trust me - you won’t be joining ‘team Harold’ any time soon!”

Now remember we are have great sex and you can’t get enough of me!

“Yeah, I read that book too!  Hell vampires and werewolves being sold as sexy!    If you need something to lust over Natalie- go team Azazel!”

“Thanks but no thanks, I already have my team picked.”  I whispered back and wrapped my arms around Jari clinging to him, he leant down and kissed me. 

We stood quietly in the alley way next to a non marked black door in the side of the building.  Jari nodded to Aze and then to Adam.  By the time I turned, Aze was gone. 

This is it Natalie, Jari spoke to me as he kissed my neck,  are you ready?

Jari there has to be another way...?

I love you too Natalie, let’s go get Scott.

Adam knocked on the door and it swung loosely opened as a result of his touch revealing an unlit space.  A musty smell wafted out of the darkness.   Adam turned to Jari and they looked at each other for a long moment then Adam shook his head, snorted softly, turned and walked in.  Jari’s grip tightened around me as he almost carried me into the gloom.  The door swung shut behind us and we were plunged into darkness.  I allowed Jari to steer me down the short corridor then down the stairs.  There were lots of stairs.  The dank smell became stronger as we descended.

Be observant, I will be kissing you so kiss with your eyes open OK? I could hear his smile in the darkness and kissed me gently on the forehead to emphasis the point. Tell Scott that we are here.

Scott?  I called to him, We are in the stairwell.  I don’t think we are far from you.

Natalie?  They are waiting.  They are planning something.

I know.  Remember it is important that you don’t know me and no matter what I do don’t look at me.

I love you Natalie. Be careful.

I quickly relayed the relevant information silently to Jari.

Natalie can you tell Jariel that I sense at least 20. That was Adam’s voice.  I looked at him surprised but he wasn’t looking at me.

What?  Is everyone in my head? 

Jari laughed softly into my neck.  So it would seem.  Everyone except Aze and what he wants to get into is further south of your head.  Thanks Adam, I’m getting around the same number.

Great so now we have a conference call!

The two men laughed in my mind.  Great.

I could see a soft light now coming from the below.