Chapter 12 - Powers of Seduction

CHAPTER 12 - Powers of Seduction

I woke to the sound of soft drumming, fingers against wood.

“Look I don’t mean to question your powers of seduction, but you really suck at this don’t you?” Jari was sitting next to me with his feet in the water.  “You really don’t have time to play ‘hard to get’.  He was almost there and you ran away?”

“Were you spying on me Jari?”

“No I was in the midst of making Brunette girl scream my name when your Irin turns up looking for you.  He wasn’t happy.   And now neither am I.  Come on Natalie, this is the easy bit!”

“Kiss me,” I opened my eyes, lifted myself off the jetty and looked at Jari.

“What?”

“You heard me, kiss me.  You said I was hot and you have offered before, so now I am accepting.” I leant into him so that I could feel the warmth of his body millimetres from mine.

“But Scott’s not here, yet,” he turned his head towards the carpark.

“Fine, let’s call it practice.  Kiss me Jari and make some of my fantasies come true.”

“I don’t feature in your fantasies,” he was shuffling away from me.

“How do you know?  You have an utterly gorgeous body,” I moved closer to him bridging the gap and running my fingers down his hard muscular chest. As I watched his forehead crumpled and his jaw tensed.  Why did he look so uncomfortable?

“Your face, your eyes, and I want to bury my hands in your hair,” I whispered into his neck as I kissed up to his jaw line.  His back was against the pole at the edge of the jetty.  He seemed to be frozen as my hands ran over his cheekbones then into his hair. I held his head to mine. 

“And I am supposed to be in love with you, right?”

I leant in to kissed him but he turned his head so that my lips grazed his and instead impacted on his cheek. 

Our bodies were suddenly awash with light as the car screeched to a halt.  The wheels spun as it was sent into reverse and the engine revved. 

“You have no idea what you are doing,” Jari seethed at me.  I couldn’t tell if he was angry that I kissed him or that we had been seen.

The car was growling loudly then died.  Jari stood up away from me.  Scott was at the end of the jetty.

“So you had no idea where to find her then!” he said in a low angry voice as he stepped in and hit Jari in the face pushing him off into the water.  “Natalie, get in the car.”

“No.” I said and lay back down to look at the stars. 

“No?” he seemed genuinely surprised.

I heard Jari pull himself out of the water and wet footsteps retreating. 

“Wait Jari, I’m going with you.”

“No Natalie,” he laughed, “Kelly is waiting for me.” Then the motorbike roared to life and with a small wheel spin he was gone.

“Great,” I flopped back down onto the boards and considered my options.

I felt Scott sit down next to me.

“You can go too,” I said quietly, “You probably have most of what you wanted by now.”

“And what is it that I want?” he asked with a hard laugh.

“Revenge,” I said simply, “It’s alright.  Kirsty will take you back but if you need an ego boast you can always spread rumours about me.  It wouldn’t be the first time a false rumour has circulated about me.”