twenty-three.

(Song: Secret Love Song pt II - Little Mix)

One week later.

I dragged my feet into the front door, tossing my bag on the couch. School was exhausting; I was doing college workshops all day. There's so much pressure in your senior year of high school.

"Charlie, is that you?" My mom's voice sounded from the kitchen.

"Yeah," I plopped down on the couch, rubbing my temples.

She appeared in the doorway in her apron, holding a whisk in one hand and an envelope in the other.

"This is for you!" She gushed excitedly and handed me the envelope.

I sat up straighter and looked at the envelope. School of the Art Institute: Chicago, Illinois.

"Do you think this is..." I trailed off. "Yes! Open it!" My mom flung the whisk around.

I couldn't move. I gazed at the envelope that could hold my future. Fuck it.

I slowly and gently tore up the backing inch by inch, each tear only raising the tension in the room.

Finally, the back was off, and I took the letter in my hands.

"I can't look." I whispered, running my fingers on the paper.

"Come on sweetie," My mom smiled widely. I could see that she was just as anxious as I was.

I unfolded the paper and began reading.

"Blah, blah, blah, hello from the Chicago board, congratulations Charlie..."

"What?" My mom asked.

"I got in." I breathed out.

"You did?!" My mom screamed. "Yeah, momma, I did." I stood up quickly. My body was moving around not knowing what to do.

My mom took my in her arms snd we eventually began jumping.

"HOLY SHIT! I GOT IN!" I shouted.

"I'm so happy I'm not even going to yell at you for using vulgar language!" My mom laughed.

The footsteps creaked. My mom and I stopped our little fiasco and turned to see my dad making his way down.

"What's all this ruckus about?" He asked.

"Charlie just got into the Chicago Art Institute." She turned to him with a grin on her face.

My dad shook his head with a soft smile on his face. "That's my girl."

***

I knocked a few times on Harry's door and bounced anxiously in my shoes. Harry soon opened the door and stood in his casual comfortable attire: sweatpants and a white V-neck.

"Hey," He stepped aside allowing me in.

"Hey. I have some news." I kept my smile hidden.

"What is it?" He took my hand and led me to the couch in the living room.

"I was accepted-"

"What?"

"Would you let me finish? Fucking shit... I was accepted into a college." I told him.

"What college?"

"The Art Institute in Chicago."

"Holy - that's one of the best in America!" He clapped his hands together excitedly.

"It is."

He put a hand behind my head and pulled me to him. "I'm proud of you." He said before putting his lips to mine.

I thought back to when he said electrifying and silently laughed to myself. He wasn't lying but there was definitely more to it.

"I love you." He whispered before putting his lips back to mine.

A few moments later we were cuddling on his couch watching whatever was on.

"So you'll be moving?" He asked.

"Yeah. You said wherever I go you go. Is that true?"

"I'm sticking by it."

"Good."

"I told my mom about you. I also told my sister." Harry said.

"Really?"

"Really."

I smiled and wrapped his arm around my torso.

"They want to meet you."

"How lovely."

"I told them they'll have to wait, because for now you're all mine." He kissed the top of my head.

"Cute." I chuckle quietly.

"I try."

"What now?" I asked boredly.

"We fuck?" He asked.

"No."

"Damn." He laughed. "Well what do we do?" I asked.

"What can we do? We're just here. We don't need to do anything. Each other's company is enough, I feel. I can just lay here with you." He nuzzled his head into my neck. His warm breath on the back of my neck was comforting.

"I'm scared about college. I'm scared about graduating. I'm scared about growing up." I sighed.

"That's okay."

"I can't enjoy it if I'm scared all of the time, Harry."

"It's normal to be scared of things you don't know how to deal with. That is okay. I'm here to help you through it." He said.

"You're so kind." I said quietly, shutting my eyes.

"Are you tired?" He asked. I opened one eye and sure enough he was leaning in front of my face.

"Yes."

He kissed my cheek and grabbed the blanket that was laid on the back of the couch, sprawling it over us.

"Then sleep."

AN:
The song above is "Secret Love Song part II" by Little Mix. It's the official song for this story. Yes the chapter is short. Yes it's pretty uneventful. The story is coming to an end very soon and everything is wrapping up. We've just got a bit more left ☺ Thanks for sticking with me, loves. I truly appreciate it. Next chapter will be up in a few days!