Chapter 9

Kurt found himself pulling up to a spot in the high school parking lot. He was excited to see Blaine again, even if he wasn't sure why.

He was still trying to figure out how he felt about the boy. Both Finn and Mercedes had questioned him on it, and now he found he was questioning himself.

Did he have feelings? Would that even be a bad thing? Could it possibly be a good thing? A great thing? A horrible thing? The worst thing that could possibly happen?

Kurt wasn't bored with his life anymore. He was lost in it. The drama he had been both hoping and dreading for was suddenly sitting in his lap and he had no idea what to do with it.

Slowly, Kurt got out of his car and began walking towards the school entrance.

It hit him. Again. That feeling of being watched. It wasn't soft or loving, it was hard and hateful. Kurt sped up his pace when he began to feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand straight up.

He didn't dare look around this time. He kept his eyes focused on his destination, hoping that he could get away from the person emanating these feelings towards him.

When he walked through the front doors, and away from the view of the parking lot, the feeling didn't quite disappear. It was like the real thing had been replaced by a shadow or a ghost of the previous hatred.

Kurt stopped and took a deep breath. He was annoyed beyond belief, and for the first time, he was actually scared. Before, he always tried to shake the feeling or just ignore it. He couldn't seem to do that today.

Yet, when he looked up and down the hall, he saw Blaine at his locker, looking rather cute if he was going to admit it. Kurt began to feel much better, just by seeing him.

He started to walk down the hall towards the boy. Each step he took shook away another piece of the ghostly hatred. When he was finally standing directly next to him, there wasn't a single feeling of anger or fear left in him.

Blaine turned towards him, only just noticing that Kurt was there, and smiled widely. "Good morning Kurt."

Kurt too felt like smiling. "Good morning Blaine."

Together, they walked off towards their first classes, walking as close as possible without holding one another.

Kurt's mind was clear. Nothing other than this even came close to mattering.