Chapter 3

"Wes! You're never going to guess what happened!!" Blaine yelled running into the Lima Bean. He was over an hour late meeting Wes due to staying late at school for glee club and while he felt bad he couldn't hide his excitement.

"It had better be good because right now I'm mad at you." Wes complained, Handing Blaine his now cold cup of coffee. "You couldn't even text me saying u weren't going to show? You're always on time, if not early, and I started to think you had gotten in an accident or something."

Blaine waited till they were seated at their usual table before letting out his excitement, but once they were there he could stay quiet no longer. "I was at Glee club..."

Wes' eyes got big in disbelief and began to wonder what had changed between him texting him after lunch and now. Wes knew that Blaine loved to sing, they had joined the Dalton Warblers together after all, but the way he sounded earlier made him very curious. "What changed?" was what he settled on asking.

Blaine looked lost for words for a second and Wes immediately knew the answer. "It was that guy you have a crush on, wasn't it?" He said with a smirk. He only knew about Blaine having a crush because he had caught Blaine staring at a boy in the school parking lot once when Wes had picked him up.

Blaine looked confused until he got what Wes was hinting at. "No Wes, I didn't join Glee club to be closer to him, though I don't know how you found out he was in Glee club." He trailed off when Wes smirked again and continued with his train of thoughts. "Anyways no, when I talked to you earlier about being caught staring at a few glee kids, later one of them noticed and approached me about it. Well it ended up with him dragging me down the hall to the choir room. I haven't officially joined yet, I have to audition with a song. Want to help me?"

Wes wasn't buying it. That wasn't the whole story. "And this person that dragged you down the hall way... was it the guy?" Wes didn't wait for an answer; it was clear by the look Blaine was giving him. "I thought so. So you did join to get closer to him."

Blaine sighed. "No Wes, it's a total coincidence that it happened to be the guy I have a crush on. You know I love to sing, I wanted to join in September. You're just lucky you weren't there to see everyone in the club get a slushy to the face." He shivered, reliving the moment in his head.

Wes was confused but he decided not to ask. "Well ok then. I'll help you pick out a song to sing for your audition. I just hope we don't end up competing against each other for sectionals."

"Please, you just jinxed us! Now we will be fore sure!" The boys laughed and went to work brainstorming song ideas. They stayed at the coffee shop for another hour before leaving for the night. With a great song to sing in Blaine's back pocket, he couldn't wait to see Kurt again tomorrow, and to join the Glee Club later that day.

Kurt was in his room getting ready for bed when his phone went off.

Yo. Why did you drag that poor boy into glee today? He looked terrified! -Mcedes∞

I went to talk to him after class and he said he wanted to join. I'm assuming that's why he was staring at us during lunch. -Kurt

Well you could have at least warned us before bursting through the door like that. Nearly gave me and everyone else a heart attack. -Mcedes∞

Sorry I was excited. We need new members now that Matts gone. And besides, we can always use new talent. Do you not agree? -Kurt

No I agree, but do you even know if he can sing. Is he any good? -Mcedes∞

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. -Kurt

When he didn't get a response back Kurt put down his phone and turned off the lights. The sooner he went to bed, the sooner tomorrow would come. He just hoped Blaine was as good of a singer as he said he was. Confidence only took some one so far and from what Kurt had seen, Blaine didn't have very much of it. Or at least he didn't at the moment due to going to a new school, and a public school at that. Kurt wondered how he would act if he was in Blaine's position, and after thinking about it for a few minutes he came to the conclusion that he would be exactly the same.

It didn't take too long for Kurt to fall asleep. His mind full of excitement about what the next day will bring. For once not worrying about whether the feeling of being watched would return.

**** Please leave a review!! I want to know your opinion and if you think I should stick closely to cannon or not. Check out my other stories too please! I'll update soon*****