Chapter 8

Blaine woke up to the sounds of birds chirping outside his window. It took him a minute to fully wake up all of his senses. When he was finally alert to his surroundings, he reached over to his bedside table and grabbed his glasses. With them on, he looked out the window to see the sun rising.

It was beautiful. The way the colors blended from yellow to red to pink to blue made his heart leap. He loved watching the sunrise in the morning. A lot of the time, it was what put him in such a good mood each day. It was keeping something so gorgeous in his mind that made him smile. Lately, there had been something else keeping his mind busy.

After a moment, Blaine turned back to his room that was getting ever lighter with the glow from outside. As he thought about what he had to do to get ready for school, he remembered the day to come.

Kurt was going to meet him before class, he was going to eat lunch with the kids from Glee club again, and he was going to go to Glee after school for his first meeting as an official member.

He was excited, nervous, and a little terrified. This was due to the ever present bully that would always appear when he was with Kurt.

He wasn't going to put up with it though. He was going to ignore him, and if that didn't work, then tell someone.

As he thought about it some more, small smile began to form on his lips. Nothing was going to dampen his mood today.

He got out of bed and went to his dresser. He carefully leafed through the piles of clothes before deciding on a white polo shirt.

He looked out his window again and saw how the trees had lost most of their leaves by now. It was starting to get colder. With this in mind, he grabbed a dark grey cardigan to put on as well.

Once dressed, Blaine walked downstairs towards the kitchen. He found it empty, so he went about making himself some cereal.

"Good morning dear." Said a woman as she entered. Blaine looked up from the table to see his mother smiling back at him.

"Hi mom." He quickly finished eating and placed his dishes in the sink. He grabbed his backpack off the counter as he headed for the front door.  "I'll see you tonight."

"Are you going to the coffee house after school?" Mrs. Anderson said, trying to catch him before he disappeared.

Blaine stopped in the doorway and turned to look at her again. "No actually, I'm going to Glee club. I officially joined last night."

It seemed to take a moment for his mother to register what he had said, and then when she did, her eyes bulged out of her head. "Oh I'm so happy for you sweetie! I didn't know you were even going to try out for that."

Blaine smiled back at her. He knew she would be happy for him. "See you tonight mom."

"Have a great day Blaine." With that, Blaine walked towards the front door and closed it behind him.

He looked across his yard at the still rising sun, and just knew that it was going to be a great day.