Chapter 1: Bumps and Blondes

There are some stories you read and it completely changes your view on life. Sometimes they change your mindset on politics or people's actions. Sometimes it changes your views on a group or a situation in the world. My story changed my views on love. Hello, I'm Harper Wilde. I'm a musician with basically nothing to show for it except a crazy journey of love and victory. How I wish this journey would've come easier - but what kind of stupid teenage girl would I be if I didn't mess up a little?

My story begins in New York City, just two days before summer vacation began.  As previously mentioned, I am a musician, even if I'm not quite world famous. I was headed for a festival and conference for songwriters at The Blue Note in Manhattan, which featured a slew of superstar bands and songwriters. Needless to say,  I was thrilled. 

I was walking down the grimy sidewalks when my life was changed. I had been counting passing taxis when in a single instant my world seemed to spin the other way. I was sent flying towards the ground and the papers in my hand looked like snow as they glided down around me. Great,  I thought.

"I'm so sorry!" said someone above me. I looked up at a blonde boy. He had on a white tee shirt with a blue hoodie, and he was frantically trying to help pick up my things I had dropped. 

"Don't worry about it." I smiled, taking my bag from him. There was something about the way he smiled back that was mesmerizing. Shaking it off, I repositioned my guitar case around my back and walked on. What was that strange tingly feeling I got when he handed me the bag? Why did he look so confused? 

I ventured to the conference center and got to the eighth floor, which was riddled with musicians. Guitars of all shapes and sizes, ukuleles, banjos, huge audio setups, spotlights, keyboards, jars of picks, drum sticks, and mic setups everywhere I looked. This was pure bliss. I took a deep breath and stepped in, feeling the bright sun shine in from the huge windows. 

"Harper!" yelled somebody from the other side of the room. 

"Autumn!" I yelled back, searching for my best friend. Finally I spotted her, huge hair bun, olive skin, and big brown eyes.  She came sprinting up to me, grabbed me in a hug, and brushed away a tear. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, giggling nervously in fear that something bad had happened. 

"Nothing." She sighed, "I'm just going to miss you so much!" 

Autumn was one of the few who knew about my move to California for the summer. It helps that no one else cared. I had a couple of meetings with some record companies in Los Angeles and decided to stay for three months and work soley on music. If I had to stay one more minute in New York, I'd go mad. Admittedly, I love the city; it's the people I want to escape. 

After getting her to calm down, the shows started. First The Plain White T's spoke (much to my excitement), then Bowling for Soup performed, and then they introduced someone I had never heard of. R5, I believe. Of course my expectations weren't set very high, but one thing did catch my attention. The boy from earlier, the blonde one, was on stage. It could've been my imagination, but I think I saw him smiling at me.

As soon as I got back to my sister and I's apartment, I grabbed my laptop and searched the mystery band that I quite enjoyed. Turns out the boy's name was Ross Lynch. He starred on a Disney show and was in the band with his siblings. I laughed to myself, another Disney kid pretending to be a musician. 

Hoping you all like it so far! Definitely excited for y'all to see how it progresses and please leave a comment on your opinion! Uploads will be pretty frequent, so don't forget to add it to your library so you know when! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in Chapter 2! -Skinnies