Letter 35

Author's note: Haaa-looo guys! How are you people? Oh wait, I know. You guys are freaking upset about the recent drama in the story. You people are terribly cute for sending messages in my inbox. Thank you!

"Fading in, fading out
On the edge of paradise"--Love me like you do, Ellie Goulding.

Although it seemed to break from the inside I decided to go. I couldn't be a burden on him.

I had caused enough trouble to him.

I had hurt him enough.

Not anymore.

Not anymore.

I went straight to my room. Packed my stuff up. As I was dragging my bag out, something warm wrapped up my leg. I looked down.

Zeus.

He wagged his tail and nosed his ball at me.
I sat down and brushed his fur. He stuck his tongue out and wagging his tail ran all around me.

Clearly he was making  this all the more difficult for me.

Maybe I was never meant to be in this family.

Maybe this wasn't supposed to work out.

Maybe this was a dream.

All these thoughts came running to my mind. I gulped the lump forming in my throat. Yet it still persisted...

I took up the ball in my hand and immediately found Zeus jumping to reach for it.

I threw the ball outside the window in the lawn. He ran towards the corridor and headed for the ball.

I smiled.

This was my chance to go out of this house.

I turned around and found Dexter standing at the door with his hands in his pockets. He looked straight into my eyes.

I couldn't look back to him. I felt guilty.

He was probably thinking that I had been sleeping with Tristan. And he didn't let me explain myself. So no option left.

I dragged my bag with me out of the room with me.

"So this is so easy for you huh?"

I looked at him this time. What did he mean my that? Wasn't he the one who wanted to be alone?

Leaving him was easy?

So this is how much you've known me?

His chin wobbled a bit but he gulped down and said, "What are you looking at me like that for? What you've done has clearly meant that nothing existed between us.."

Nothing?

I was so amazed that he could say it so easily.

Like nothing.

All feelings, all memories, all words, all the togetherness washed away with a word.

I took his arm and dragged him to the kitchen. I had to show him the nothing I had stored.