Season 3 Episode 1: Welcome Back

Dear Dipper and Mabel,

I know sending mail nowadays isn't exactly the way to go. But what can I say? I was trapped between dimensions for thirty long years and I'm still getting used to the 21st century! Anyways, your uncle Stanley and I plan on staying home this summer, and we were hoping you two would want to also. And by 'home', I mean here, in Gravity Falls. I know last summer was rough, but that's no reason not to come back. And lately, it's been really peaceful here. There is the occasional monster every now and then, but nothing too serious. Most are friendly now. Stanley and I plan on being home June 18th, meaning that's when you two can head on over. So, in summary, you both should really think about visiting over the summer. ALL summer! That is, if it's okay with your parents.

Sincerely, Ford

P.S. And even if it's not okay with your parents, you should still sneak on over here! This is Grunkle Stan, by the way. Can't wait to see you two!

"Isn't it great, Dipper?" Mabel smiled, scooting closer to her brother on the bus. "We're going back! We're really going back! Oh, we're gonna be back in Gravity Falls all summer long, just like the good old days." But Dipper didn't reply. He was too busy reading his great uncle's letter. "Earth to Dipper!" Mabel snapped, slapping the piece of paper out of her sibling's hands. He caught the letter just before it fell to the floor of the bus, immediately deciding to show it to his sister again.

"Does Ford's handwriting look different to you?" he asked, confusing Mabel.

"Oh hush, it looks fine," the girl grinned, grabbing the front of Dipper's hat and pulling it down over his face. "Besides, it'll be the whole gang back together again! You, me, Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Ford, Soos, Wendy, and even Waddles!"

Under Mabel sat Waddles, sleeping comfortably inside his little kennel. Dipper readjusted his hat so that he could see again. "Why do you always have to mess with my hat?"

"It's not your hat, it's Wendy's hat!" Mabel replied, rotating the hat around so that it was backwards. Dipper grunted and fixed it again, turning towards the window. Trees whizzed by the bus, each one reminding Dipper of their previous summer spent in Gravity Falls.

"I can see it now, Dipper: all of them waiting for us at the stop, happy and glad and...happy to see us...at the stop! You know?"

A mere ten minutes later, the twins arrived in Gravity Falls. It didn't take them long to gather their belongings and race out of the vehicle. Shockingly, no one was at the bus stop waiting to greet them like they'd hoped. As Mabel stepped out of the bus, she screamed, "hello, family!"

But no one replied. No one was present. There was just a calm, beautiful scene of the forest. The bus then drove off, leaving Dipper and Mabel standing in a puff of exhaust. They swatted the smoke away, looking around.

"Well this is...unconventional," Mabel noted.

THEME SONG

COMMERCIAL

"Let's just haul our stuff over to the Mystery Shack and see what's going on over there," Dipper suggested, his arms full of suitcases and junk.

"But why aren't they here?" Mabel sighed, Waddles sitting on the ground beside her. "I thought they would've greeted us or something."

"Meh, never mind all that. Let's just get a move on."