Chapter 9 - "Revelations"

A/N: Since Seb run away, the next few chapters will be written mostly in Mariah's POV.

(Mariah's POV)

After school Ian and I decided to drop by at Carly's house. She's been really down about whatever her family's going through. Although she haven't shared a lot of details, besides the fact that we know that Seb is missing, it is obvious that it is something serious.

"Mariah. Ian. It's been a while since I last saw you guys," Diane greets from the kitchen. That's new. She usually stays at the dining as late as mom does. I guess it really is that serious.

"Since you guys are here anyways, I'm gonna go pick up Kristen from school. There's food here just help yourselves."

"Bye mom," Carly bids goodbye.

After Diane leaves we all head to Carly's room and here she lets go of her guards and breaks down. Ian kneels in front of her while I sit beside his grilfriend on her bed.

"Carly what happened? You know you can tell us anything right," Ian calmly says but despite his guard I can see how much he is worrying for her.

After gaining control of her sobs, "dad confronted Seb about the fight and-um things got...things heated up pretty fast. I don't even wanna remember...the words...they-uh threw at each other....they were painful to hear. Seb run away after," she starts crying again. "I called...him....billions of times...but, but he didn't pick up. I called him again this morning but he still...wouldn't answer. I just wanna know that he's safe and that he's not mad at me for telling dad. I'm such an idiot! This is all my fault."

Ian and I look at each other for a moment. This can't be good. Carly's going to take this guilt to her grave if we don't, somehow, make her feel better.

"Car, it's not your fault," I wrap an arm around her while Ian holds both her hands, "you were just being a concerned sister, that's it. Maybe they both need a break. Things would probably be worse if they see each other all the time."

'I hope that works.'

"And besides," Ian backs me up and thank goodness he's here, "everyone fights with their parents. It's totally normal." He shrugs clearly unsure of what else to say.

"No it's not. Seb was saying stuff about how dad was never a father to him and how he came here only because he wanted to give dad a chance to be part of his life. He said he never chose to become a Reid, which is right, and that he was about to change his last name cause he doesn't want to carry his name...it was bad...Seb called dad selfish and he was swearing the whole time" Carly explains.

'Wow, Seb's anger must be really deep then.'

As much as I want to help my best friend, there's nothing I can do. All she needs is to at least hear from her brother that he is fine and that he is not mad at her but how am I suppose to contact him? If he doesn't answer any of Carly's calls then he, for sure, won't answer mine.

When Diance came home with Kristen, we decided to go home. It's a family matter and we didn't want to get that much involved. Now while staring at my English homework, I can't help but wonder whether or not I should confront Anthony about this. He, obviously, is the cause. I've told him billions of times to leave Seb alone but he never trusted me. Maybe the girls are right...he is not to be trusted again. I should have listened to them the first time he went after me. Maybe it's time...

*knock knock*

"Sweetie."

"Hey mom."

"Sorry to bother you sweetheart," she smiles, "have they found him?"