Chapter 7 - "Seb's Suspicions Surfacing"

It's Friday, four days since I drove Mariah home from the hotel and four days since we last talked. School is the last thing on my mind right now. I figured that after this week stress would definitely hit. Also, George had invited me to try out for the basketball team, which is not til the end of this semester but drop ins start on Thursday next week. Might as well enjoy the last day of this easy-going week.

I'm driving to school by myself today since Carly's getting picked up by Ian. Maybe I should carpool with George, Amy and Autumn...

Me: Hey my turn today!

I send a message to the three of them. After receiving their confirmations I head downstairs.

"No breakfast today Seb," Diane asks while she's continues making our lunch.

"I'm carpooling today but I'll take one of those," I smile before taking a sip of the chocolate milk.

"Here you go," she states handing me a brown paper bag with my lunch in it.

'"Gotta go."

"Seb," dad yells after me, "stay out of trouble."

"Will do dad."

Ian's car pulls up as I approach my car and there he is wearing his usual happy gesture.

"Morning bro," he greets.

"Hey good morning! She's inside," referring to my sister of course.

"Alright. Thanks Seb. See ya at school."

***

Picking up those three is quite a hassle. Their houses are so far away from each other's. Good thing Amy came over Autumn's meaning that was one less trip for me.

As we make our final turn towards the school parking lot, Mariah pops up from around a corner with Anthony.

"Well then, them holding hands since when?" Amy says sarcastically.

George turns around from the passenger seat beside me shooting her a look.

"It's aight dude," calmly I state.

While walking up the stairs towards the front doors we trail behind the lovebirds. Out of nowhere someone grabs my arm.

"Hey babe," Autumn grins and winks.

That surely catches Mariah's attention as she turns around. Anthony, on the other hand, keep walking up and is halted by her stop.

When they proceed, our group let out a low chuckle. Though Autumn and I have   talked about the boundaries of our relationship it's still entertaining to see Mariah squirm with what she just saw.

Guilty, well I kinda am. I don't want to put an act but it seems like this is the only way she would notice me and plus, it brings up interesting conversations within my carpooling group.

"You silly kid," I pinch Autumn on the cheek.

"But that caught her off guard hey."

"Yeah I know."

***

First period has never been this interesting. I guess Mariah really learned not to look to the right of this classroom during the first minute of class.

This girl, Autumn, is one annoying kid. She wouldn't budge no matter how many times I tell her to stop. To my surprise, this game, I guess we can call, is still entertaining. We kinda started this yesterday after school when we saw them walking and she was definitely jealous. She still is, I think. This is interesting...