Chapter 2 - "The Meeting"

"Basement!"

"Backyard!"

"Basement!"

"Backyard!"

"Basement!"

"Backyard!"

"Okaaaaay, you two stop arguing!" Diane -my stepmom -finally decides to step in between my sisters' war and thank God she did 'cause neither of them wanted to give up. "Why don't you show Seb the inside of the house first then you guys can go outside and enjoy the sun."

"Ha! I told you!" Kristen sticks her tongue out to Carly breaking their intense staring contest.

"Ugh, fine," Carly puts, "I guess we'll start downstairs."

*********

"WOW!" My eyes widened as I look around the basement. To my right there's a mini bar; the countertop, the cabinets and the four stools are made up of a dark shade wood material, identical to the handrail of the staircases. To my left, there's a home theater system; a 100 inch screen is installed into the far wall; two bean bag couches that could fit probably five people each, form an "L" in front of the screen; there's a pool table behind the bean couches and two identical carpets cover the hardwood floor: one under the pool table and one between the screen and couches.

"Like it?" Kristen asks.

I intensely shook my head and grin as I look at their reactions. You know those 'you've gotta be kidding me look'.

"I don't like it...I LOVE IT!" I plop myself on one of the bean bag couches. I heard my sisters chuckle.

"This is sooooooo cool! So, I'm guessing this is where your friends get crazy drunk.."

Carly punches me on the shoulder. "I guess you'll be able to answer that question by tomorrow, "she winks, "and for sure, you'd be one of us soon."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, my friends are coming over tomorrow. Mom and dad would be out of town with Kristen. She has a dance competition."

"Yup! And we are bringing home the bacon!" My youngest sister proudly claims as she crosses her hands on her chest. "What about you Seb, do you dance?"

Dance.....................................

"Earth to Seb!" My heart skipped when I saw Kristen staring at me, our faces only a few inches apart.

"Geez, you scared me!"

"Sorry, you zoned out. So, do you dance," she repeats.

"I-uh...well," I stated as I think of a way out of answering the question and finally, "let's just say that I'm a beginner." I shook my hips awkwardly.

"HAHAHA! Okay but even Carly can do better than that," she smirked.

"Hey! It's not my fault that I wasn't blessed with the same level of gracefulness as you." Carly defended herself, her eyebrows curling.

'Looks like I'm off the hook for now. They seem pleased with my answer.'

"Oooh! Where would that lead us?" I asked while pointing at a sliding glass door at the end of the hallway.

"To paradise!" They answered at once while weirdly grinning at me.

"Huh?"

"Shall we?" Kristen offered a hand and immediately pulled me towards the door.

It turns out that the sliding doors opens into the driveway and a gate to our left apparently leads to the backyard....

"Now you're right. This, this is PARADISEEEEEEEE!"