Chapter 5 - "Bitter Sweet Memories: Part 2"

(Seb's POV)

"Hey you okay," worringly I ask. By the look on her face I know that there's something going on. "Iah," I put my hands on hers that are both holding the phone. "Are you okay?"

She looks up at me and then zones out to something, or probably someone behind me. I was about to turn around but her hand caught my head that was in motion.

"Don't look," she whispers. "Please don't."

I can sense the tension, anxiety or whatever she's feeling. Her hands are cold and her voice is trembling. "I won't," assuring her and she seems convinced with my words.

"Let's go," she states squeezing my hand and pulling me to where Mr. and Mrs. Lavalle are sitting.

"Mom, dad can Seb and I go out for a ride?"

"Sweetie, is everything okay," her mom asks.

"Please," she obviously is trying to avoid the question and its matter.

"Go ahead Iah but don't be long. They will look for you."

"Iah wait," I exclaim as she storms out of the house after grabbing her keys.

"Hurry!"

"Iah," I yell getting a hold of her arm. "What' wrong," I ash rather worried. "Tell me, I'll listen."

 She covers her face with both her hands dropping the car keys on the concrete ground. I hear her sob and instinctly I wrap my arms around her. This time the hug is tighter than the last one. Her tears begin to flow more readily as she leans into my chest.

"Get me out of here Seb," she whimpers.

"Let's go, I got you," I reply softly before picking her keys up.

"Mariah," a deep and an unfamiliar voice calls. I feel her tremble in my arms.

Gaining composture she turns around to face the mystery man, a few ticks shorter than me but holy cheesecakes he's buff as heck. Twice if not three times bigger than me.

"Who is he?"

'Nah, nah, nah big boy...the question is, who are YOU?'

"None of your business," Mariah replies sternly.

I feel the tension rising.

"So he's the new guy huh?"

With that remark I call a conversation I had with Carly and Ian about two weeks ago. He's the guy. The idiot that shattered this girl into pieces; the guy that cheated on her. Although I don't know the entire back story, I feel the back of my neck heat up. I'm ranging! How could you hurt someone as sweet as this girl? Seriously!

I look at Mariah; she's mad, sad and scared but the fury tops the rest. I never thought I'd see her like thi-

*PAK*

The next thing I know I'm on the ground bleeding, blood dripping from around my left eye. I stand up as quickly as I can, ready to break that Anthony's face but someone's grip on my arm keeps me from acting impulsively. I turn towards her and she mumbles "don't".

The party was cut short because of the incident. Gordon was raging after seeing half of his guests gather around us. He immediately sent everyone him including that Anthony guy and when the toughie refused to go unless he gets to talk to Mariah, Ian threatens to call the police. Somehow that scared the chicken off.

We were one of the first to leave; I insisted on staying til everyone has left but Dad refused. He said he couldn't stand seeing that kid. I wonder what the heck he did to my dad...

*beep beep*

"It's Mariah," Kristen says as she hands me my phone.

I'm so sorry Seb...how are you doing?

"Aw," I yelp as Carly presses ice on my cut/bruise.

Don't worry about me. You, you should be resting.

*beep beep*

I can't until I make sure you're okay. We're coming over as soon we settle things here.

I have no choice but to sigh, "Dad," I call, "the Lavalles are coming."

 "No!" I burst out. We were alone, just the two of us in my room.

"Sebb, calm down please," Mariah attempts to comfort me. "He's not gonna leave you alone unless you stay away from me."

"Mariah no. Who is he anyways," there's a pause, "and why does he get to choose the people you hang out with. Tell me!" I state rather frustrated.

"No, no, no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you," quickly I apologize after seeing her reaction. Well this girl is really sensitive.

"Seb...please trust me...do what I say. From now on stay away from me. I don't want you to get hurt and like I said he won't stop til we distance ourselves from each other," she explains with tears in her eyes. "Let me deal with him."

"But what if he hurts you," that  concerns me more than anything. I can't stand seeing guys hit their girlfriends or just women in general.

"He won't," she replies softly.

At this point, I realize that there's no point in arguing with her. She just won't let this one go, for some reason. My thoughts are interrupted when I felt her hand touch the side of my face.

But before she speaks I whisper, "Iah, I-uhm...I...I...like you...a lot."

'Freak. Great timing Seb.'

Her eyes widen with my remark. Before she speaks a tear rolls down her cheek, "I'm sorry Seb. I don't want to do this, believe me. I love being around you," I notice her blush at the latter part. "But..I just can't. We can't happen...not now."

*knock knock*

Ian peaks into the room, "Iah, let's go?"

She stands up from my bed and walks out of my room without looking back. Her words stung my chest like someone threw a bee hive at me.

'We can't happen...not now.'

My head keeps on playing those words over and over. She likes me...but she doesn't want to be with me just yet. That Anthony guy, I feel like I've seen him before but I can't quite remember when and where. There's something going on. After he punched me I caught a quick look at his reaction before blood decreased my visibility  and it was not one of anger nor revenge. It was something else...satisfaction, that's what it was. The grin on his face told the story. He was pretty much proving something, if not rubbing something on my face. What did I ever do to him and if my conscience is right that I have seen him before I don't remember being introduced to a certain Anthony. Ever.

'Mariah, I win you no matter what.'

_________________________________________________________________

Another short chapter. I realized I could have combined this with Chapter 4 after I published it so it was too late to edit. Anyways, the next one would be longer! :)