Promotion

I slipped on a button-up shirt and some skinny jeans. Somehow they still fit me. I decided to start making myself a better person, one way of breaking reality.
Mama Crazy entered the room, "Jesus baby girl, what happened? You look like a dump."
I feel like one honestly. I've been driving all night and I'm not really sure I know how to drive.
"Yeah, it happens I guess." I said.
"You took a shower yet?" She asked.
I nodded, "First thing I did after crying my eyes out."
She laughed and left the room.
My room was just as I left it. It was a formal was of saying that my mother didn't want change in the house.
"Leanne hurry up!" I heard Cat from the living room.
Quickly put on some socks and walked out of my room. I felt a little more confident in myself and it was a great feeling for once.
"Well princess, we need to get down to business." Cat said.
"What business? Are we going somewhere?" I asked.
Cat turned around where there was a box. Obviously it's wasn't a Christmas present, so I had a bit more than suspicion.
He slowly lifted the box revealing a machine. The machine was a sphere, there was a purple light that was coming from it.
"What is that?" I asked. "What does it do?"
"Well, I like to call it 'The Portal' for its obvious nature." Cat began. "It was made to actually combine rather than teleport us places."
I sat down on my couch, my legs folded under me. I stared quite long at the sphere and while I was doing that, he was still speaking.
"It makes a bridge to our 'Wonderland' and combines both worlds. Yes, it teleports a world into a world." Cat explained. "We need to place it somewhere that most of the city can see it."
"So when do we do it?" I asked.
He laughed, "It's almost done, and when it is..."
It's go time.
"Right." I started to understand what was going on. Combining both worlds would save all the people inside asylums. They all have their own way of getting to the wonderland, and that is what makes us different from the rest.
I guess it's okay, being special is more than just being psycho. I think it's more in the sense of different thinking.
I really wonder how this is going to play out as well.

Finally it was nighttime, today was a day like no other. It was actually normal for once, there was no death abnormalities.
"So, how do you feel about all of this?" Leanne asked.
"I think it's just fine." I responded with a sharp breath. I sat upon my bed and looked down at my legs.
Do I really enjoy this? Have I really begun to enjoy my high octane life?
"I know you'll do the right thing, after all I am you." Leanne said.
I nodded.
I slumped my body into my blanket and then drifted to sleep.
It wasn't long before I woke up again and heard noises outside. I could swear it was like another World War out there. Though I had no idea, I felt as though I was being hunted down.
Car burst through my door, "C'mon, we have to do this now!"
I got up and sloppily put on my shoes, "What is going on?"
Cat shook his head, "There's no time to explain!"
"Jesus Christ you're scaring me, at least tell me what's happening." I pleaded.
He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the house with the sphere. Mama Crazy was gone and I was still out of the loop of what was happening.
We ran through the night, the sirens blaring louder than existence. The police were definitely angry at something.
"Get down." Cat pulled me behind a car.
A tank rode down the street, searching and blowing things up.
It was so loud and distracting that I could go deaf. The tank passed, and ended up destroying my house.
We continued into the city from the suburbs to attempt finishing this. That is what I could assume anyway.
"Listen, Mama Crazy is getting a van over here at the moment. Once we get inside the van it's all on us from there." Cat explained.
"So we'll be sending the other world here huh?" I questioned. "So this would be the end?"
Cat nodded, "Yeah."
I punched him in his shoulder, "You could have told me that earlier!"
He didn't even want to pay attention, and I could see that like it were nothing.
We drove amidst the danger outside the 2 inch thick vehicle. It was taking bullets like a tank though.
"Alright, it's gonna be a bit of a drive so get comfortable." Mama Crazy told us.
I slumped over and tried to get comfortable.

It was an hour later that I started to hear some things between them. Mama Crazy and Cat were planning something, but it was odd. They weren't saying my name, they just referred to me as "Her", and it bothered me.
"I couldn't remember exactly when it happened, but her mental state dragged me closer. I think she can do this." Cat said.
"She can do this, she's done much worse things before. This would be a walk in the park, just hopping there isn't any trouble." Mama Crazy had a strong sense of faith in her voice.
I sat up, and the car stopped.