Author's Inspiration and Comparison

This book was inspired by "American McGee's Alice Madness Returns" and the character is as well. Though heavily influenced, there are major differences that need to be resolved here for people who know what I mean by "American McGee's Alice".

American McGee : Alice is living through her wonderland and swapping back and forth through the realities. She was in a house fire that killed her family making her insane. She was out in a mental hospital for treatment and the doctor is helping her through her wonderland visits. It has its Alice in Wonderland type feel to it and makes sense there. The wonderland is slightly darker than the original with its humorous twists and jokes. The Queen and Mad Hatter appear in their darker tones and maturities with his version.

Maniacal Sense : Leanne is placed inside the asylum when she is compromised in having a fake alter ego she speaks with. Her dreams are the "wonderland" that she enjoys so much. She got insane when her father was murdered, her mother and sister both raped. All happening while she was watching. She ended up hurting one of the a nod the mother killed one of the rapists. That is when Leanne began to like violence. This story of "Alice in Wonderland" it is more dark and mature like American McGee's version. The "wonderland" is like a bright medieval times with the same card cliché. There is no Queen or Hatter here instead there is a King and a Witch who play important roles.

Alice Liddell (American McGee's Representation) : In the real world she is pretty anorexic and has dark black hair up to her shoulders. Her eyes are green and she wears a dress up to her thighs. Her sleeves are black and white striped and she wears black leggings. Her skin color is very pale. She is notably shorter than most women which are short as it is. (Respectively speaking)
However in the wonderland she is more colorful. Her body shape is a little more built. She has dark brown hair, green eyes and a better dress. Her dress is blue and is down to the knees with white leggings and brown flats.

Leanne Emma (Or My Version of Alice Liddell) : In the real world she is skinny and has white hair down her back. Her eyes are blue and she wears a light blue shirt and dark blue skirt. She has black gloves to her forearm and wears black thigh highs (School).
In the asylum she is forced to wear all dirty white clothes, long sleeve shirt and pants. Her shoes are brown moccasins.
In her dreams she has a more dark and grungy color pallet. Her body is the same, her hair is now in a ponytail, darker blue eyes and a black and white dress. Her dress is black and down to the knees with black leggings and brown boots. Her gloves are no longer worn.

Now those are the differences between the two for any confusion or just because I needed to make sure where I got my inspiration from. Thank you and enjoy!