Prologue

I was pacing back and forth trying to contain my feelings.
"You suck!" Leanne said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"What don't I mean? You didn't react to his compliment!" Leanne questioned.
A girl inside the stalls exits and looked at me. "Who are you talking to?"
"I...uhh, it was nobody." I explained.
The girl walked out of the bathroom disgusted in me.
"Looks like you blew it." Leanne laughed.
"Shut up. It's not like I need friends anyway." I replied.
"Listen. If we are going to make it through school then maybe we should try making friends." Leanne explained.
I clenched the sink, "Well I can't if I am always talking to myself. Leanne Emma, the weird girl. That's what they say you know."
I heard a knock on the bathroom door. It seemed heavy and pissed off. Someone must have heard something or tattled on me.
"Listen, you got ten seconds to make a choice, out the window, make an alibi or get caught." Leanne said.
I stood still shocked by fear. I inched closer to the window but it was too late.
The principle crashed in the bathroom.
"Ms. Emma, you are being taken someplace where you can heal and rejuvenate with yourself." The principle told me.
"Wait. You can't do that without my mothers consent!" I tried to convince her.
They grabbed me by force and tied me to a wheelchair. I was taken outside the school and into a van. On the side of the van said, "Westward Asylum" which means that the 'special place' was a mental asylum.
"They can't do this. More importantly, where is my mother?" I thought.
They threw me inside the van and drove away from the school. The students and teachers dropped their head in shame. Staring like I was different, everything had to be the same. If I couldn't be different, then nobody should be the same.
Life wasn't means to be inside confined walls with a lesbian roommate, it was meant to be free and enjoyable. Laws took over the world by storm making everyone seem bad for doing things not by the book. You couldn't rob a store without it being made fun of or just plain wrong.
The idea of heading to a place that is surrounded by freaks and crazy people kept on my mind.
"So you chose this route huh?" Leanne said.
I pouted.