What Momma Don't Know (Chapter 14)

Chapter 14

"She looks so much like Jessica."

"God only knows how. I don't where she came from, maybe she was a mix up between newborns?"

"Nicole! Don't tease our daughter!"

"Oh hush."

"I still think she's beautiful."

"Why? Because she looks like that whore Jessica, or because she's our daughter?"

"Nicole..."

"I'm going out for a while."

"Nicole!"

"Love you guys, see you later tonight." 

"Okay, Nicole. Bye."

"Bye Brai."

"Bye mommy!"

I locked the door behind me, and brushed a loose strand of hair out of my face. I looked out at my homey neighborhood. Soon i won't be so unsettled. Soon i will be able to look out, breath in freshly cut grass, and smell the coffee.When i bury this. When all of this is through, i'll take Jessica's bones. I'll cremate them, and i'll spread her ashes. I'll spread them over the remains of the burned down farm home, in which we erased the evidence. I'm going to tear up all of her things. Sell her apartment. Eliminate her past.

I got into the car and buckled my seatbelt. I slowly drove out of the community, and then sped up. I'd have to take the HWY to get to my last two victims. I'd have to look on two different corners, at two different times.

I looked down at the clock. It was a quarter to 10:00p.m. I smiled. 

There was once a time, when innocence still lived. A time when i loved my sister Jessica.

I parked the car.

I woke up every morning looking for her. My big sister Jessica. My role-model Jessica.

I turned off the ignition.

Sometimes on Sundays she would make me heart shaped pancakes with scrambled eggs. Other Sundays we'd have waffles and bacon. On my first days of school she'd send me off with a fresh rose in my hair, and a homemade cookie.

I reclined my chair and took off my seat belt.

When her friend's would visit, we'd play hide and seek. It's just that she wouldn't find me until after they were gone. Then she'd pull me into bed with her. She curl up against me, and run her fingers through my hair. She'd whisper little nursery rhymes in my ear, and i would always fall asleep.

I ran my finger tip against the simple kitchen knife i brought.

But after a couple of years, things changed. She started yelling, cursing my mother and me. Leaving the house drinking. Dressing differently. 

I sucked at the small cut the tip of the knife had given me.

Then she acted as if nothing had happened. She SEEMED like Jessica, except, she no longer was. She didn't love me anymore. She didn't even love herself. So i hated her. God only knows what had happened to her. God only knows why she changed.

My first victim walked up to the light, and leaned against it. She was a tall graceful thing. Long dirty blonde hair. Just like in her pictures. I turned the key in the ignition, and i drove up to her. I rolled my window down enough for her to hear me clearly. She smiled sexily and tried to show cleavage. As though such a thing would turn me on.

But it would turn on the man i am pretending to be.

"Hey baby. What are you looking for tonight?"

"Good time. Get in. $500."

"Since you're straightforward i'll make it $450."

"Get in."

She got in, and i drove. She didn't care to look at me. I drove to the parking lot of an abandoned warehouse, and i turned to her. Eyes shadowed by the darkness and the shade of my hat. She smiled at me and glossed her lips. I tugged at the back of her head and pulled it toward my lap. She slowly descending. Something she was putting off as a tease. I let her take her time, i grabbed a handful of her hair and slammed her neck into the manual transmission lever. She screamed out, but instantly went limp. I got out of the car and popped the trunk. I shoved her into it as quickly as i could.

I got my roll of duck tape and tied her up. I got into the car, and started driving. The warehouse i would use to kill them in was closer to my next victim's corner. My firsts' name is Camille. The one i'm heading to's name is Jalene.

I picked up my speed. 11:10p.m. When i rolled up, she was right there. Pretty as a diamond with chocolate brown hair and eyes. Just like in the picture. She didn't even talk. She just hopped in. She looked at me with her make-up-ed face and gave me a smile. She was young. Too young for my comfort. 

I couldn't help but frown. I grabbed the knife, and calmly put my hand behind her head, sheilding the knife from her eyes. I kissed her forehead and hit the back of her head with the butt of the knife. She fell limp in my sentimental embrace. 

This will be my last. She would be the last to go. No one else. Never again will i bring harm to someone. Never. Not even the slightest. I lay her gently in her now reclined seat. I put her seat belt on and i headed to the warehouse. 

When i got there, she still lay silently sleeping. I got out of the car and popped the trunk. Camille's eyes were just barely open. Her neck showing a big bruise. I pulled her out of the trunk, and dragged her by her feet. I took her into the warehouse, and to her spot. I took the cuffs and put one on each wrist and ankle. I pulled the chain, and her body lifted graciously into the air. She let out a muffled moan. I lightly touched her cheek.

"I have to do this."

I left the warehouse and went for Jalene. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. She didn't make a sound. I took the knife and put it to her back, she obediently walked where i told her to. She sat still when i put on the cuffs, and she did not scream when i pulled on the chains. She was just quiet. She looked over at Camille, and Camille cried out. I ripped off the duck tape from her mouth and she screamed.

"Shhhh. Shhhh. Screaming won't help. Our fate has already been decided."

"You cold hearted BITCH! How dare you! What are you doing? Let us go!"

"If i let you go, they my discover my secret. If i let you go, they may take my babies, and lock up my husband. I can't let that happen."

"Wait a minute."

"You sure are talking allot aren't you Camille?"

"Nicole! Nicole what the fuck! Is that you?"

"So you still remember?"

"Nicole. Nicole? What are you doing? Where's your sister Nicole? What's going on here?"

"Jessica is dead. Murdered. Gone."

"Nicole. You had something to do with it didn't you?"

"He killed her."

"Who?"

"My husband."

"Who's that?"

"Ryan."

"Ryan!"

"Too much talking. Now hush. I have to hurt you. I have to hurt you both. I am so sorry little Janelle. I think that the world has truly punished you. Don't move either of you. Or you might make a big mess."

"Nicole. Nicole! Stop."

I ran my knife through the stomach of Camille. The instant outburst of blood covered me and soaked my hair. I looked up at her, said i was sorry, and reached into her stomach. Her and Janelle's screams ringing through my ears.