Chapter 21: Forgiveness

(Photo of Blair)

Chapter 21: Forgiveness

Kostas was recovering remarkably fast from his injuries. I was only able to visit him two more times until doctors prevented me for some reason. After that, I hadn't seen him for a whole week. I felt scared and uneasy. Wasn't he getting better according to them? Why did I have to stop seeing him.

Jazz caught me in one of those moments and gave me a half hug. "He's okay, Mía. Please, I can't stand to see you cry again," she joked. I chuckled.

I didn't want to cry either, not on this boat ride where plenty of people could see. Jazz and I were returning to Magnesia for a short while to check on things with the family and oversee Kostas's home. Now wasn't the time to gather tears, Kostas would be released from the hospital soon and I wanted things to be perfect when he got home.

Kostas's chauffeur caught us when the boat docked and we were walking down the ramp. He escorted us to the vehicle and held the door open for us to get in. He drove us all the way to the Sarantos mansion. We thanked him and walked up to the gigantic doors. Once we knocked this time the door was opened by Gaia dressed in what looked to be sweats or pajamas. I was surprised to see her here in this form. Was she staying over this entire time?

"Gaia?"

Her eyes shot to me after observing and smiling at Jazmyn. She seemed...off. More so than before. Her eyes were puffy and rimmed red. Her lips were ashy and cracked. Not to mention her forever fabulous hair was now constrained in a messy bun.

I mean we all have our days but...

My eyes were then on her chewed, jagged nails brushing a piece of hair from her face. She gave a weak grin.

"Hey guys," came a quiet voice.

My mind was going absolutely haywire seeing her like this. Then...it clicked.

My eyes widened once it dawned on me, the difference between the time I saw her in the hospital and present. I bet you now I looked like a raging gorilla. I forced the door open, startling Gaia to take a few steps back. Jazmyn followed my lead, I could feel her eyes taking imaginary notes of the interaction but she says nothing.

"What. Did. He. Do." I bit out each word with every step I took closer to her. She stopped moving away.

"Mía d—"

"No! I'm not going to do this cat and mouse game with you. Tell me what Christianos did Gaia."

My heart, mind and spirit was all pointing the finger at him. The rage came in a split-second. I knew this pain she was going through all too well. I looked how she looked. I was in the tumultuous state she was in. This was heartbreak.

Then suddenly someone answered for her. "That prick was cheating on her."

Gaia looked down in shame. My mind was confused. My head whipped into the direction of the voice and Sethi—I guess—was in my line of vision.

He descended the porcelain stairs. He came over and brought an arm around Gaia, she snuggled into her younger brother's chest. "She caught him fucking some chick he works with...in their bed. Been calling nonstop and trying to get through our gates ever since." He shook his head in disgust as he took in his sister. His eyes then shifted back to us.