The Case of the Missing Pencil

Start from the beginning

"Hanji!" Levi shouted. "This is real life, not an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Things can be that simple."

"No it can't! This is what happened!" Hanji announced with triumph. She folded her hands in front of her for effect, then she looked at each individual suspect.

"Nile," Hanji stated. "You borrowed a pen from Farlan at 9:03."

"It was a pen! Not a pencil!" Farlan stated.

"Yes! It was a pen," Hanji pointed at Farlan. "But! He claimed he put the pen back into your backpack when you were finished."

"And he did," Farlan stated.

"This was at the exact time when you stood up to get a tissue," Hanji continued. "Your pencil was still on your desk. Then the bell rang. You came back to your desk, rushing to get out of there. When he claimed he put your pen in your backpack, you got distracted. You may have noticed your empty desk, but your subconscious may have told you that you already put your pencil away.

In all reality, Nile was the one to take it when he put your pen in the backpack."

"This is insane," Farlan stated.

"Then, Levi saw the pencil," Hanji continued. "He needed to sign up for some volunteer work on a paper that was hung in the front of the room. Levi threatened Nile for the pencil, and Nile agreed to give it to him, only if he gave it back to Nile by third period.

However, Levi decided to give the pencil to Erwin instead, because they planned murder!"

Everyone except for Levi gasped. "Murder?!"

"Yes! Murder!" Hanji stated. "You see, Levi knew that Erwin was after Erd because he accidentally stepped in his new white boy Sperry's. So Levi gave the pencil to Erwin to carry out the plan."

Erd stared at Erwin. "Is this true?"

"I was mad at you for stepping on my Sperry's," Erwin explained.

"However, Petra overheard this plot and told it to Gunther who immediately confronted Erwin. They battled it out, and Erwin had gotten so mad that he stabbed Gunther with the pencil!"

Everyone gasped and looked over at Erwin.

"He now wielded the murder weapon in his hand," Hanji said dramatically. "A corpse in front of him. He knew he had to get rid of both. However, just lurking around the corner was Auruo. Auruo had seen the whole thing, and was about to run and tell the others. But Erwin, angry and still pumped with adrenaline, ran up to Auruo and stabbed him right through his back!"

Everyone gasped again. This time, Petra fainted while Levi and Erd had to catch her.

"Wait aren't those two just absent?" Farlan asked.

"No! They were MURDERED!" Hanji stated. "Then, Erwin got rid of the bodies, and the murder weapon. So thank goodness you didn't get that pencil back."

Everyone looked up to Erwin as if he was a criminal.

"Is... Is this true?" Petra asked as she woke up from her trance.

Erwin sighed as he looked up to the skies. "'Tis true, what they say. My hands, have committed a sin that took away the lives of two innocent men..." His voice began to shake as Levi shook his head at him. "My mind has been shrouded with guilt, and I have no way in which to heal my soul. May the pearly white gates of heaven accept their souls as I, a sinner, a murderer, be casted into the depths of hell! These hands ne'er be clean! This soul always black with resentment for myself. My lungs stained with the poison I have breathed in- wait a second NONE OF THIS EVER HAPPENED!" Erwin snapped out of it.

"Then why did you say you did it?" Levi asked.

"Hanji was so convincing that I convinced myself!" Erwin defended himself.

"Hey what do you know," Farlan held up his pencil. "It was in my backpack this entire time."

"I knEW IT!" Hanji pointed at Farlan.

"You wanted us to frame Erwin because he had cheated off your test last Tuesday, getting you in trouble," Hanji stated. "But in reality, you took the pencil and murdered the men yourselves!"

Everyone gasped. Farlan stared at his own hands.

"You had strong motives, too!" Hanji said. "Gunther are your Twinkie on Wednesday. And Auruo tripped and knocked your drink into your pants, making it look like you wet yourself. So for revenge, you took your own pencil and killed the two, but you set it up to make it look like Erwin did it."

"Now it makes so much sense! Why you didn't want Hanji to help you solve the murder mystery!" Isabel said.

Farlan looked up. "You're right. How foolish of me to try and cover up my tracks."

Everyone gasped.

"I had everything planned out so perfectly," Farlan said. "Just so I can take care of those two without anyone knowing it was me. But, I should have kept my anger to myself. I shouldn't have taken the lives of the two men- wait a second, WHY AM I DOING THIS?" Farlan shouted. "I just put my pencil in a different pocket than I usually would have.

"It can't be that simple!" Hanji argued.

"Yes, it can!" Farlan spat.

"Then I have solved this case!" Hanji said as she triumphantly walked down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: yay I finally got the part up