Chapter 28: Visions Of Pain

Start from the beginning

-Natsu P.O.V-
I heard it. It was faint, but I still heard it. I stood up from the table where I was eating Happy's meal, and looked towards the direction the sound had came from.
"Natsu?" Happy asked, flying by my side.
"Nashi..." I muttered. I then immediately barged through the door and ran as fast as I could.
"N-Nats- Wait!" Happy said, trying to finish his meal and follow me at the same time. I ignored everything around me, and only stared straight ahead. I was there shortly- I had ran faster then I knew I ever could. I charged up the stairs, and rushed into Lucy's apartment. Nashi was sitting by the window, and she looked over to me as I entered. I could sense her fear the minute I stared into her menacing blue eyes. She slowly pointed to the kitchen, then shook her head.
"Natsu? Who's that?" Happy asked. I stared at Nashi, confused, but entered the kitchen anyway, leaving Happy to care for her. When I got to the kitchen, I found Lucy, crouched on the floor, trembling. I looked back at Nashi, but she was calmly staring out the window, ignoring Happy's comforting words as he sat beside her.
"Lucy? Can you hear me?" I asked. I looked into her eyes, and they were not in focus. She was completely blind to me.
What is she seeing? I thought.
"I-I'm sorry..." She muttered, as tears began to stream down her face.
Hallucinations... I thought again. She was completely petrified- her forehead was sweating, and her teeth were gritted tight. She suddenly looked up, at the ceiling. She stopped trembling, and her eyes fixed on whatever was above her.

-Lucy P.O.V-
There was a light above me. I stared at it closely, and it somehow began to calm me down.
This is your only way out. Said a voice, which I recognised as Lucifer's. I don't want you to hurt the ones you love. I know how that feels.
"I-I don't understand..." I replied, holding my hand over my eyes to shield the light.

-Natsu P.O.V-
Lucy then spoke quietly, but I could tell she wasn't talking to me.
"I-I don't understand..." She muttered. I touched her shoulders softly, and when she didn't respond, I held onto them.
"Lucy," I said, staring into her eyes even though I knew she couldn't stare back. "Don't listen to him."

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Tell me something," I said, looking directly at the light. "My blood used to be red. Why is that?" I asked, with slightly more confidence. I had almost forgotten that my family were lying dead in front of me.
Was this all angels cared about? I thought. I looked back at Natsu's body, and leaned over to touch his cheek. However, before I reached it, I was stopped by an invisible force.

-Natsu P.O.V-
Lucy suddenly looked back down, and began to crawl forward. I held her back, and hugged her at the same time. I stroked her hair softly, as I buried my head in her shoulder.
"Please..." I muttered into her ear. "Hear me."

-Lucy P.O.V-
"I-Is this you?" I cried upwards. I began hitting whatever was in front of me, desperate to get past it. "Let me go!" I shouted angrily.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"I won't let you go, Lucy," I whispered, as she punched me and hit me with all her strength. Luckily, she was only using her brute force. If she began using her angelic powers, I would've been dead in one shot. It hurt, but I beared the pain.
"I'll never let go," I said, holding onto her as if she was the one thing keeping me alive. Which sometimes, I felt she was.

-Lucy P.O.V-
I began to cry again, without even realising. "Let me go..." I sobbed. Lucifer had stopped talking- I was on my own again. I lowered my hands, and cried to myself on the floor.

-Natsu P.O.V-
As Lucy stopped attacking, I lowered my grip. I looked into her eyes, which were blankly staring forward.
"Natsu..." She muttered. My eyes widened, as I leaned in closer. Her cheeks were pale. "I don't want to hurt you," she added.
I hesitated for a moment, shocked. Then I held her cheek, her tears soaking the palm of my hand.
"Lucy..." I replied. "You never will."

-Lucy P.O.V-
I went still. I stared closely at the bodies, almost admiring them.
"I...did this?" I muttered, almost in a whisper.
You will...eventually.
My body suddenly tensed itself, as a pulse ran through my body. My body shook, as if I'd been fired with an electric current. There was someone calling my name, but I couldn't hear what they were asking me. My vision began to come back, but it was so blurry that I could only make out colours. I stared straight ahead of me, confused, and terrified.

-Natsu P.O.V-
Lucy was back. She looked confused, and slightly dazed, but the glint had returned in her eye.
"What's going on?" I heard someone say from behind. I looked over my shoulder to see Erza, who had burst through the door.
"Help Happy care for Nashi," I told her immediately. She stared at me, asking for a signal of things were alright, and I nodded in return. I noticed her sigh with relief, and watched as she made her way over to Nashi. Then I focused on Lucy again. I wrapped her arms around her, and picked her up from beneath. She was staring up at me, but I couldn't tell whether or not she knew it was me.

-Lucy P.O.V-
I felt my body be lifted from the floor. I tried to make out the person who was carrying me, but I could barely see their features. I was in shock- I couldn't even speak. I began to cry, the images still haunting my mind. I reached out, and immediately felt a warm hand grab onto mine. I held it tight, as I sobbed quietly. I was scared- so, so scared...
And this hand gave me hope.
I felt calm as I was carefully laid into a soft material. I relaxed, and let my body sink into the fabric. I stared ahead of me, in the direction my head had fallen into. And suddenly, there was a face in front of me. I concentrated as hard as I could, and managed to make out the features.
Natsu stared back at me, his face full of concern.
I smiled, tears soaking the pillow my head was rested on.
"Thank...god..." I muttered quietly. Then, I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok, I literally have nothing to say :D I know most readers skip this anyway but I still like writing them for some reason XD This is completely out of the blue, but if any of you need anything or just want someone to talk to, you can always message me or comment. My life is too boring to not reply :)
THANKS FOR READING, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! Xxxx