Chapter 1

"Come on!" I yelled at my suitcase. I had spent all morning packing and, of course, I couldn't fit everything in my suitcase. Tomorrow morning I was heading back to Florida and let me just say I absolutley could not wait. Summer was over in a week and I would finally be starting high school. I was nervous but excited at the same time. 

 The summer had pretty much been completely different than I had expected. The day after I got back from Florida I headed over to Tatum's house to see her and Hadley for the first time since November. The good thing about where my house in San Fransico is, is that everything is within walking distance. I was super excited to see my old best friends and I had so much to share with them. When I got to Tatum's house, three girls instead of two came to the door. I guess over the past few months while I was gone they met a new girl to be in our friend group. Her name was Alexis and she had long brown hair with the ombre effect that faded to blonde. Her parents had to move to San Fransico from London, England so she had this amazing accent. She was gorgeous and seemed really nice, but things didn't feel the same. I felt like the three of them had all of these inside jokes and stories that I couldn't relate to. I could tell Hadley felt like they weren't giving me a chance to say much so occasionally she would ask me questions about things in Florida. When they finally stopped sharing their jokes, Tatum asked me to explain where I had been since November. 

  "Well I had to move to Orlando to live with my dad and step brother," I began.

"I didn't know your parents were divorced. Why didn't you ever tell us?" Tatum asked.

"Well I didn't exactly know my parents were divorced until a week before I left. Anyways, my dad ended up going missing and then later my brother went into the hospital, which is why I hung up on you that time. Along the way my brother, Jason, and I moved in with his mom, and that's where I'm moving back to at the end of the summer until my dad gets out of jail," I said.

"Woah! That's crazy! So what did your dad do?" Tatum asked.

"He kind of just disappeared one night and then he broke back into the house one night while he was drunk a couple weeks later."

"Wait so who did you live with while your dad was gone?" Tatum asked. 

"My older brother," I said.

"How old is he?" Tatum asked. In case you haven't noticed, Tatum likes to ask questions.

"He was sixteen, but he turns seventeen in July," I answered.

"Is he hott?" Hadley asked to break the solemn mood.

"I don't know!" I answered laughing.

"Do you have a picture of him?" Tatum asked. I did miss going boy crazy with my friends, even if they were talking about my brother. It would have been really strange if I was fangirling over a boy with Cameron.

"No, but he has a Facebook," I answered.

    Alexis pulled out her new generation MacBook Pro from her back pack and logged onto her Facebook. I could tell she was rich, because everything she had was name brand stuff. I later learned that her Dad was a highly trained heart surgeon. 

"What's his name?" Alexis asked.

"Jason Davis," I said shaking my head at the fact that my friends wanted to see whether my step brother was hott or not.

"That's your brother?" Tatum asked pointing to the computer screen.

I nodded.

"Dang! He's hott!" she exclaimed, causing us to all break out in a fit of laughter.

"Tatum thinks everyone's brother is hott. Remeber in sixth grade when you guys spent the night and my brother and his girlfriend were eating on the couch, so she kept wanting to go downstairs?" Hadley asked.