43. Proposals - Natasha

Natasha was out on a mission, and you were at home today going through your bills to make sure that everything was all paid up. About halfway through your work your phone started to ring, the James Bond theme song coming on. It was Nat calling and that made you smile to yourself before you picked up the phone.

"Hey Nat!" You answered the phone cheerily.

"Hey beautiful, what are you up to today?" She said and you could hear her smirking to herself. Well, you couldn't actually hear it, but you knew from her tone that she was smirking at you.

"I'm just paying some bills, balancing the checkbook, adult stuff." When you said this Nat began to chuckle on the other end, which made you chuckle as well.

"Wow, that sounds like so much fun." She responded sarcastically.

"I'm sure you're doing far more exciting things wherever you are."

"Well, actually we've hit a bit of a lull in our...spy stuff. That's why I had the time to call you, that and I probably would have made time anyway to check in with you." You smiled at this.

"Awww, that's so sweet of you." 

"What can I say? I'm a fool in love." You both laughed lightly at her comment for a minute. Then you heard shouting on the other end of the phone

"Nat what's going on?"

"I don't know, I'm checking it out n-" She was cut off by the sound of gunfire resonating around the building she was in. The next thing you heard sounded like the phone dropping down on the floor. Then came more gunfire, and more shouting, along with a few screams. At this you jumped up from your spot and started walking around the room, in less than a minute you were pacing quickly back and forth across the room.

"Nat! Nat! Anyone!" You yelled into the phone, but it was no use they couldn't hear you over the all the chaos and noise. Your heart was beating faster than you though it could, your breath coming in quick, short gasps. You even found yourself murmuring to yourself.

"She's going to be okay, she going to be fine. She has to be okay." Tears started to fall as you continued to worry about Nat, still pacing across the room over and over again. You needed Nat to be okay, you had no idea what you were going to do if she wasn't. You were really freaking out and starting to find yourself in a panic state, your chest tightening and your vision narrowing.

Suddenly the gunfire ceased and you were praying that Nat was okay as you continued to pace the room.

"Nat! Nat!" You shouted into the phone hoping she would pick it up, then you heard the shuffling of feet on the other end. You heard movement as someone on the other end picked up the phone.

"I'm here (Y/N)." Nat said into the phone.

"Oh thank God." You sighed in relief as soon as you heard her voice. "Are you okay?" You asked able to hear the concern in your own voice.

"I'm fine, but there is something I need to ask you. Marry me (Y/N)?" That stopped you in your tracks.

"What?" You asked in shock, your mouth suddenly very dry.

"Look I've been trying to figure out a way to ask you for a few weeks now, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it perfectly. Today I realized that there's no way for me to make this perfect with my life, because the only perfect part of my life is you. You are everything I need, and you are everything to me, so please will you make me the happiest woman in the world and marry me?" As you listened to Nat talk your eyes started to water and by the time she was done you were crying, this time with happy tears instead frightened ones.

"Yes, abso-fucking-lutely yes. I would love to spend the rest of my life with you Natasha." As soon as the words were out of your mouth Nat let out the breath she had been holding in.

"You don't know how happy that makes me (Y/N).I did get you a ring if you want to wear it it's in a plastic bag in my protein powder container. I'm sorry, I know that's weird but it's the only place I could think of that you wouldn't accidentally find it." You giggled at this. "And as soon as I get home we're celebrating." You smiled at this.

"I love you Nat, more than you can ever know."

"I love you too beautiful. I'll see you soon." She said before hanging up, leaving you with a smile on your face. You went into the kitchen to find Nat's protein powder, you opened it and sifted around for a second before you felt the plastic bag. Then you pulled it out and reached in to grab the little black velvet box from inside it. When you opened it there was gorgeous silver engagement ring inside, which you carefully plucked out of the box. You admired in the light for a moment before noticing that there was something engraved on the inside of the band. You looked at it more closely and saw that it read 'I will never let you go.' Happy tears pricked at your eyes and you quickly put away the protein powder and grabbed your keys and phone. Then you headed the door to go find a ring for Nat, she may have been the one to propose, and she may not be able to wear it too often because of her job, but you still felt like she should have one and you wanted to get her one.

Being in love with a super spy wasn't always easy, but you knew that spending the rest of your life with Nat was the best possible future for you. You loved her with all your heart and you knew that she loved you too. Your future together was going to be amazing and the mere thought of it kept a smile on your face everyday until Nat came home, which only made your smile even wider.