41~ Broken Hearts

Newts Pov.

My mouth seemed to be glued shut and my eyes were glued open. I slowly walked up to one of the computers that was still working while the others were investigating.

I saw a few of our photos on the bright blue screen with some writing beside them. There was a picture of me, Minho, Taylah and Jack. I was anxious but slightly scared to read the words but curiosity took over and I began to read.

Minho- Group A
Subject 7
The leader

Newt- Group A
Subject 5
The Glue

Taylah- Group A
Subject 0
To be killed by subject A5

Jack- Group A
Subject 12
The cure

What the bloody hell? I sorta understand this....wait Taylah is to be killed by A5...That's me. I would never lay a finger on her to harm her. That's impossible!! There must be something wrong with that.

I turn around and see them all standing together facing another screen with a picture of what looks like fires and dead bodies. Then comes a picture of a lady speaking. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my spine and my arms and legs were controlling themselves.

What was happening? My feet started to walk towards a gun laying on the floor. I struggled against what I was doing, trying to gain control of my body. I could think cleary but I couldn't control myself. I tried to speak or yell for help but nothing came out.

I don't know how or why but my hands grasped the gun firmly and lifted it off the ground and help it at my side. I started to panic. What the bloody hell is happening to me. I fought desperately against whatever was controlling me but nothing happened.

WICKED. It is them, they must be controlling me. I watched myself walk closer to my group and my mouth started to spit out words that I tried to keep in.

Please stop this. I think but to no use. "I...can't let...you...leave...we...must stay!" They all turned to me with the same confused look on their face. I wanted to shout at my friends and tell them to run but I couldn't. I helplessly raised the gun but I strained my muscled to try and fight it but nothing was working.

My arm stood still and I realized the gun was aimed at Taylah. NO NOT HER. PLEASE STOP DON'T MAKE ME. I CAN'T SHOOT HER OR ANY OF MY FRIENDS. STOP! I heard them all speaking and I wanted to make them run but I kept repeating the same words out of my mouth.

"Newt, what are you doing!!" yelled Minho.

"Newtie why do you have a gun!" My little brother Jack asked with his voice shaking.

"Newt, babe...This isn't you something must be wrong put the gun down!" Taylah stated sternly. I wanted to do it, I wanted to put the gun down but I can't.

"We...can't...l-leave," I unwillingly stutter out and with that I felt my shaking finger pull the deadly trigger. A loud bang exploded in my ear and I felt my body loosen. I could control myself. It's me. I click back to reality.

On the tiled ground lays a pool of blood around Taylah! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!?? I hear people talking but I shut them out but I try to explain myself in a quick possible way saying that I was being controlled. I felt wet tears roll down my dirty face, I can't lose her, not now, not like this, not ever!