20~ banished

Taylah's pov.

Newt gulped and was thinking if he should tell me or not. He started to explain his nightmare. "I-i was working around the glade and you were gone for a little bit but I didn't think much of it. But after a while I got really worried so I went to go look for you. I found you in the deadheads..." he says trying to keep his voice steady.

He continued "you were laying there on the ground, lifeless blood was everywhere and written on a tree in your blood was newt didn't help you I lost it, I was crying and crying , I didn't eat or sleep for days I was a mess, I was getting depressed and I couldn't live without you so I-i jumped again but it worked. It was all my fault!!" He cried out.

I embraced him in a hug and comforted him and whispered soothing things in his ear. "It was only a dream Newt. Nothing is your fault. I promise!" He nodded and wiped away his tears and I knew he was feeling a little bit better. 

He got up and said that the gathering would start soon. We walked out and I saw everyone standing around the maze entrence, what was going on? I saw Chuck running back with lots of stick like things and handed them around to the gladers. Newt and I jogged over and Newt and I split up and he took a spot up the front.

Probably because he was 2nd in command because all the other keepers were there as well. The tension in the air was thick and I had no clue what was about to happen. Suddenly I heard screaming abound begging for something. I soon saw what was going on.

Minho dragged a crazy Ben to the middle of the semi circle. His hands were tied behind his head and he looked worser then I last saw him. He has spit flying every where and he wouldn't stop flinging himself around until his eyes landed on me. For a split second he stopped moving and just stared at me with his penatrating eyes.

"TAYLAH PLEASE HELP ME! YOU DID THIS TO ME!" He started to beg for his life and I could feel a tear run down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. This isn't Bens fault he doesn't deserve this, none of us deserve this. I hear Alby start talking but I blocked him out. Soon everyone was pointing their poles at him.

He ran up to one of the gladers but they pushed him back. Minho threw his bag into the maze and I finally realized what was happening. The doors made the loud grinding noise and since I was closer to it I flinched a little. The keepers pointed their poles at Ben and started to walk forward. Minho had a rock hard look on his face but if you looked into his eyes you could tell he was hurting.

Ben started to get pushed into the maze and his screams were like explosions of terror going off in my ear. His eyes never left mine and as badly as I wanted to I couldn't take my eyes off of his. I felt a pang of guilt hit me and that made me look at the ground.

I close my eyes and wait for it to soon be over. I hear screaming, grunting and a few sharp breathes then the maze doors shut and he is now officially stuck out there for the night.

•••••••••••••••••

It was now night time and we were all circled around the massive bon fire sitting in silence. We were all grieving Bens death. The mood in the atmosphere was sad and dull. I knew one small joke might break the tension or even some words to Ben but no one could think of anything. 

Minho would be the best person to cracked a joke and lighten the mood but he was in his own world right now. I had to try something, anything. I didn't know Ben very well so I couldn't say words about how much we will all miss him and he was like family but I could do one thing.

I could sing.