22~ dream vs reality

Taylah

The song is called 'life of the party' by Shawn Mendes. All the boys were waiting and I nodded at Newt. He opened his mouth to song the first part.

"I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say"

He sang every note perfectly and the boys had there mouth wide open at Newt. Newt and I started singing the next part together at perfect speed.

"We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party"

After we finished the whole song the boys didn't say anything. They all broke out in applause and said that they were amazed. Newt looked happy and proud.

Everyone's spirits had lifted from the Ben thing which was good. Alby called bed so I went to go get ready for bed. I changed into different clothes did my hair in a messy bun and brushed my teeth.

I laid in my bed and soon drifted of into sleep which turned out to become something else.

*dream*

I was in the lab with my best guy friend who I still couldn't remember the name of. I saw parts of his face. He had dirty blonde hair a bit younger than me, he looked very familiar and then it clicked. His name was Jack. I only remember his name and looks. He walked over to me while flashing me a sad smile.

He tried to not look sad but his eyes told it all he was heartbroken and so was I. I pulled him into a hug and he cried into me. I cried with him. "H-he's gone, they sent him away he's gone, I miss him i miss Newtie!" he cried and tried to be quiet.

I missed him to he just got sent out into the glade. After a little of crying I knew we both couldn't live without him so I knelt down to his height and said to him..."Let's get them out," His eyes widen and he looked suprised. He asked how I was going to do that.

"Well WICKED won't let me know the way out and everything until I spent a while working with them and I'll gain there trust. Then when the times right I'll go into there and you will send me and Newt small meaningful memories but nothing to big or WICKED would kill us?" I said calmly hoping he would agree.

His smile appeared on his face and nodded agreeing to the plan. We talked someone about the plan until we had to get back to work.

*end of dream*

I shot up from my bed and I started to breath heavily. What the hell was that dream. Who was Jack to me? I understood a lot more but I still had a few questions. I just decided to push it all aside because I have a big day tomorrow.

Minho and I have to run the maze and see if Ben had made it but Alby has to come with us. I don't know why but he said he always does whenever someone gets banished.

I tried to fall back asleep and after a few minutes I feel back into a peaceful dream.

~In the morning after breakfast~
(A.N soz for the big time lapse)

Minho, Alby and I geared up and then went out and stood in front of the closed maze doors. Newt gave me a reassuring smile. I heard the loud irritating sound of the doors opened. I cringed at the sound I'll never get used to.

Alby wanted to come because he needed to see if Ben was alive. He said he always does this and I was fine with it. I turned to face Newt and he mumbled in my ear "Promise me you'll always come back?" I hug him tighter and whisper 'always'.

We kiss and I hear Alby clear their throat, I smile slightly and let go of Newt. Minho and Alby jog off into the maze and I follow. I look back at Newt and he has sadness in his eyes. I give him a reassuring smile and he is soon out of my eye sight.

~a few hours later~

Newts pov.

I was standing outside the maze doors waiting for any sign of them. They weren't back yet and there was very little time before the doors shut and they would be stuck out there for the night and no one ever survives a night in the maze.

I pace back and forth biting my nails. My anxiety rises and I just want to run in and get them. I need to see them. What is happening!? Where are they?! They should be back?!

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I snap my head to face the person, it is Thomas. He also looks worried. He gives me a sympathetic look. "She will be back!" he says almost trying to assure himself. I ignore him and just stare of into the maze.

After a minute of two I finally see three figures turning the corner. But something was wrong.