DRUNK IN LONDON (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Don't you want to wait for later, mate?"

I shrugged but changed my mind after hearing Hannah.

"I'd rather if you guys got drunk later"

"Ok, sorry for that. What would you recommend?"

I turned to look at the waitress' eyes while flashing her my best smile which made her blush but she quickly recovered herself and answered.

"Our Pisco Sour are the best ones in town"

Shit! My smile disappeared. The very last drink I had with Macarena when we were in Peru. Hannah liked the sound to it.

"Ohhh it sounds exotic, is it Brazilian?"

"No, it's Peruvian, we have the best of Peruvian, Japanese and Brazilian cuisine"

"Perfect!"

I sounded very bitchy and Eddie sensed my change of humor.

"Why don't you order that, love? Jamie and I will have the sake"

Hannah glared at him but he ignored her. I was thankful for Eddie, he does know me well. The waitress left and I brought my attention to the menu and all I could read were the Peruvian dishes they had to offer and that was making me even more depressed.

"Jamie, Dulcie is beautiful! You and Millie did a great job!"

Hannah brought my smile back.

"She is. And she's such a good baby! She hardly ever cries and by the time I left Vancouver she was already sleeping throughout the night, I mean, she only woke up twice"

I reached for my phone and showed her the latest picture I got from Millie. Both Hannah and Eddie cooed to the picture. Millie and I had decided to give Dulcie two couples of godparents and I'm surely happy that Eddie and Hannah are one of them. The other couple of godparents were going to be Maca and Santiago but I'm not sure about that anymore.

"She's precious"

I sighed.

"She is. I feel so much love for that little girl, it's hard to believe"

Hannah laughed.

"That's called being a father"

Kamila was back with our drinks, Eddie made a toast.

"To Dulcie"

"To Dulcie"

Eddie and I tipped back a shot of sake while Hannah carefully sipped her Pisco Sour. We ordered our food and engaged ourselves in conversation about their engagement, they were very careful not to mention Macarena or my engagement to her. I was barely touching my Temaki and downing much sake trying to survive this lunch in this place where everything reminded me of Macarena, how will I move on without her?

__________________

London, Late February 2014