Chapter 24 - I AM THE KING OF DEATH!

"No one can kill the King."

          Hunter sat beside three graves.

          Levi.

          Tori.

          Annie.

Hunter wasn't Christian, but he made all three graves crosses. He glared at the side of the cabin. He and Travis had gotten into a fight in front of the whole group.

"Stupid bastard. It's your fault Levi's dead," Hunter snarled.

"Hunter?"

He turned around and saw Darcie. He growled and turned around. He was done with the Joneses for the night. Darcie approached him anyway. Hunter felt a blanket get placed over his shoulders.

"Just because you're fed up with Travis doesn't mean you have to let it out on me."

She sat down beside him in the snow.

"You know I still miss her?" Darcie asked.

Hunter knew she was talking about Tori. He looked back at her.

"How do you do it?" he asked.

"How do I do what?"

"Manage. Cope. No matter what has happened to you, you still manage to act like none of this happened. How do you do it? I can barely manage be a co-leader of a group with ten people in it, myself included."

"Come on. Having co leaders makes disagreements inevitable. But you two are good for each other at the same time. Travis knows how to manage the living and you know how to manage the dead."

"The dead are easier to manage because they are dead and all follow one set mind. That's feed and- Wait."

Hunter gave Darcie a look.

"What?" she asked.

"Go get Kaylie. We are going for a walk."

"Why do I have to go get her? Why can't you?"

"Because if I go in there, Travis might die."

Darcie sighed before she pushed herself to her feet.

"You want a real jacket if we're going for a walk?"

"I'll be fine."

Darcie nodded before she went inside. She returned with the eighteen year old and Hunter stood up.

"Let's go."

Hunter led them down the road and into the town close by.

"I want to show you two something that the others can never know about," Hunter said.

He walked up to a building, no doubt infested, and stared at it.

"An infestation?" Darcie asked.

Hunters skin went a sickly colour and his eyes glew and reflected off of the window. He snarled and growled, then he turned around.

"Darcie, remember?" he asked in a broken English.

"Darcie, Hunter's that walker that was at the military camp all those years ago," Kaylie said.

"I- can't control- first days- third day- I hunt animals- fourth- I gain full control," Hunter growled.

He then roared and the walkers and screamers inside the building all came out. He growled and they all stood in a line, as if waiting to be shot.

"Ready."

Darcie and Kaylie took out their guns.

"Aim."