Chapter 14 - At Dawn

"Dream as if you'll live forever.

Live as if you'll die tomorrow."

Darcie and Tori stormed into the base. Darcie threw her bag as hard as she could at Leo. Tori did the same exact same except with Hunter. The only difference between the two was Hunter caught the bag whereas the other bag hit Leo. The girls both stormed to their room where Darcie slammed the door and almost took it off the hinges. Levi sighed, annoyed that he might have to fix the girls' door again. Anthony and Kaylie walked into the base but not as angrily.

"What happened?" Travis asked.

"Lady days?" Kaylie suggested.

"Seems most likely. It seems like it's time again," Hunter said.

"And you would know this how?" Travis questioned.

"It's about the same time in the month as last time. I remember," Hunter said, he then got up and left the building to head to the barn.

"What the ever living fuck?" Levi asked.

Travis shrugged his shoulders.

"It's Hunter. Just accept it and move on," Kaylie said.

"Well should someone go to talk them?" Anthony asked.

Just then, the group heard a loud bang coming from the girl's room which caused them all to jump.

"You can. I know better," Levi said, voice slightly shaking.

Anthony sighed before walking down the hall. He knocked once on the door before it flung open.

"What the fuck do you want?" Tori screamed.

Anthony turned without another word and sprinted down the hall. Once he saw the rest of his group, he jumped into Leo's arms.

"Nope. Those two are the spawns of Satan."

"Okay," Leo growled. "Why does everyone keep jumping into my arms? Travis would be better in this situation."

"Because you're Leo."

Levi glanced out the window toward the barn. He groaned and shook his head.

"What the fuck did you do this time Hunter?" Levi muttered.

"What?"

The rest all looked out the window and saw thick black smoke billowing out of the barn. A burnt figure stumbled out of the barn.

"Ha! Doofus!" Kaylie laughed.

Hunter started to teeter back and forth.

He would go from looking like he would face plant, to almost falling backwards.

"Twenty bullets says he face plants," Kaylie said.

"What did I tell you about gam- thirty says he falls backwards," Levi said.

"Five says he falls sideways," Anthony said.

"Ten says he stays upright," Leo said.

"You have no lives, do you?" Travis asked the group, annoyed by their gambling.

Hunter started to lean very far back. Levi was getting hyped. Hunter quickly leaned forward and fell to his face.

"Pay up!" Kaylie shouted, doing a little dance.

Levi, Leo and Anthony handed her the bullets.

"Kaylie, you're too young for gambling," Levi lectured.

"I know, but I'm great at it." Kaylie said.

Darcie collapsed down onto her bed face first.

"I can't fucking stand it!" she yelled but not enough to call attention to herself.