Chapter 11 - Family Shouldn't Fight

"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says I survived."

--Craig Scott

Walkers were everywhere.

Hunter had been swarmed. He used his arms as shields so he could attack with his legs. His blood mixed with the walker blood, but it didn't enter his bloodstream. It pooled at his feet.

An hour later, Hunter sat on a knocked down log, his bunnyhug and off-white tee-shirt were sitting beside him. He was letting his wounds heal a little so he wouldn't get his blood all over the base. The seventeen year old stared at all of his scars. His birthmark. The lightning burns. Everything hurt him now. His birthmark practically predicted when someone would die, because it would burn, twitch and make him want to tear out his heart. His birthmark was the symbol for death, and bad luck. Hunter pulled up the pant leg on his left leg. He stared at what was there.

"I'm fucking lucky I won't grow for a while," he said.

He lowered the pant leg and stood up. Hunter stretched out his back. Spine cracking and his shoulders popping. He grabbed his tee shirt and put it back on. Then he put his sweater on. It looked black because of all of the blood on it. It was a dark green. He put the hood over his head so it covered half of his face.

"Time to go see if I have to kill them all."

Hunter started limping back to the base, his leg was hurting him.

"That is an honest question. How the hell do we tell Levi?" Kaylie asked, eyes wide.

"I mean, there's always the option of not telling him," Darcie added.

"You're planning on hiding down here with Travis while we all are up there with Levi," Dawson scoffed.

"Exactly," she laughed.

Travis hit his sister's arm and started to sit up.

"Don't sit up," Dawson quickly commanded.

Travis growled to himself as he laid back down.

"Well you guys can keep on thinking about ways not to tell him, but to let you know, Levi is OCD. He will be able to tell," Kaylie said.

"How?" Leo asked.

"He knows how everyone walks. Except for Hunter. He is confusing," Kaylie said.

"Speaking of Hunter, what happened to him?" Travis asked.

"He told me that he would kill all the walkers," Leo said.

"Who would kill all the walkers. And why are all of you down here?" someone asked.

Leo turned around and jumped a foot in the air. Levi was standing there with his dead glare.

"Hiiii Levi!" Kaylie yelled.

She started waving like a mad women.

"What the fuck happened to my sister?" Levi demanded.

"Well, uh, you see-" Leo started.

"I almost died. I'm high off of almost dying. How is that possible?" she said.

Levi looked really pissed off. He turned around and headed back up stairs. The group in the basement all heard him yelling and knocking stuff over, then they heard Tori yelling at him to calm down. The two boys ran up stairs and saw Anthony and Tori trying to calm Levi down.

"Levi stop it. Kaylie is fine, you don't have to run around yelling at anything and everything!" Tori yelled over Levi.

The front door opened, and Hunter stepped inside. The group didn't realize it was Hunter, they just saw a dark object come through the door soaked in blood. He ran toward his rampaging cousin and with unbelievable speed, punched Levi in the head with so much force that it knocked Levi out, and made him slide two metres away from his original spot. Hunter shook his left hand, trying to get feeling back in it. He took off his hood with the other.