chapter thirty-three // secrets.

Start from the beginning

Soon my kisses travel even more North until I'm scattering kisses along her jawline. But that doesn't last long, for impatient Ellie turns her face so our lips are mere inches away from each other. We sit there for half a moment, our heavy breathing intermingling with one another's. 

Just as impatient as she, I lean forward so our lips press against each other's, feeling all the tension bursting. Our lips move hungrily against one another's, our tongues spelling out words of love on the other's. She holds on to my neck tightly, causing my grip on her to tighten as well. I've never kissed with such a sense of urgency before. 

"Oh shit!"

A loud voice causes the two of us to detach within seconds. Ellie lets out a small shout of fear as she hops to her feet, nearly toppling over. I reach out to be sure she doesn't go sprawling to the ground but she catches her balance just as I look up in fear, terrified of seeing a white doctor coat.

But instead I see a large group standing in our doorway, stuck in a state of shock. 

Momentarily I'm relieved as I stare the boys in the eye, but as they stare at me with a look of terror on their face, I realize that they're not alone, and Tyler and the rest of management stands behind them, seeing everything as well. 

I feel actually sick to my stomach as we stand for what feels like ten years in complete silence. Though I know I don't feel half as nauseous as Ellie feels, I'm sure. I can't even look at her; I feel so guilty.

"I- I-" Ellie stammers, sounding as if she were about to cry. But she doesn't finish before she takes off, ready to push through the crowd of people, but Zayn and Harry hold her in place. 

Acting quickly, everyone rushes into my room, shutting the door behind them. Ellie's bottom lip begins quivering and I wish so badly I could just get out of bed and walk over to her. Instead, Harry rubs her arm in a comforting way - releasing a pang of jealousy deep in my gut that I can't help. 

Tyler takes a seat on a chair, burying his face in his hands, looking like he's about to pass out. 

"Okay, so... holy shit!" Louis breaks the tension, his wide eyes traveling between Ellie and I. 

"You can't say anything to another soul!" Words start to spew out of my mouth frantically, "This cannot leave this room, I swear to god I'll -" 

"Wait, so are you guys like... together?" Niall asks, his big blue eyes staring at me. 

I finally glance over to Ellie, completely unsure of what to do. We never went over our game plan in case we were caught. We just lived in ignorant bliss with the hopes of this never happening. 

Everyone turns to look at Ellie as well, really putting her on the spot. She looks back to me with her big puppy dog eyes, so afraid. 

"Yeah, we are," She nods, her voice sounding defeated. I see a ghost of a smile appear on her lips. And as horrible as it is that the secret is out, I can't help but to feel a little overjoyed that I can now openly talk about Ellie, and about how lucky I am.

That is, if it's not all ruined.

I glance back at the boys, wondering how they'll react. They've been supportive of my feelings for Ellie this whole time, but I feel like they were supportive with the idea that we would get together once I leave the hospital.

"Fucking finally," Zayn sighs, his entire body relaxing. 

The rest of the boys break out into smiles as they chime in words of agreement and endearment for the two of us. Soon everyone is shouting over one another, the management trying to calm everyone down with stern words. Tyler's face is bright red with anger, but I could care less.