Night Of The Hunter

Lionel's POV

"Cassia Nightlock?"

Silence. Utter silence. And pain. Lots of pain. All radiating off of Casper.

Ransom's POV

You see, when a werewolf goes through great emotional or mental stress, they shift. They break down to their most primal form. They use that to recharge, to mend themselves. To heal what has been broken.

Sapphire's POV

I locked eyes with Ransom. We all knew what was about to happen. Casper...... Casper didn't deserve that. He's been through too much. Far, far, too much. Enough to slit his own veins.

Jax's POV

Poor man. Casper didn't deserve this kind of shit. Casper fit him much better than Cassia anyways. Cassia is way to arrogant.

Lullaby's POV

Casper is going to shift. Casper is going to shift. Emotional shifts are different than regular shifts. No one besides the wolf's mate can be anywhere near them. They'll go for the throat of anoyne besides their mate, and sometimes even their mate will get hurt.

Wren POV

Lullaby locked eyes with me. Casper started convulsing and growling. Shifting.

"EVERYBODY GET OUT! NOW! You stay Lionel. When he's calm blindfold him and bring him outside."

Casper's POV

He said her name. HE SAID HER NAME!
Blood. Blood. Blood. His blood on my hands. Their blood on my hands.
Red. Red. Red. All I see is red.

Narrator's POV

Little blood was shed that day. But everybody bled. Broken hearts shattered. Casper's tiny, budding self-love that the pack had been nurturing into existence had been stomped on, destroyed. Shoved into the ground and wiped from existence. I don't think the scars on his wrists from that month have ever been surmounted in numerity. I don't think Lionel has ever been the same, well the whole pack I guess. They've all been insanely protective an  shielding of him since. They form a protective circle around him as though he was  a pup they were protecting from a predator. But, you see, Casper decided that day. That moment. That he would demand better. He would demand respect. He would not be trampled by ignorance or stupidity. He would fight back. However, feeble at first. He didn't care. Because he was going to get better. He was going to become useful to this pack and he was going to do this no matter the cost. He would serve his Luna, and his pack, until the day he died.

=====================================================================================

Hi guys! That's the end of book 1, the sequal (What's In A Wolf When They're Broken) is up now! Check it out!