Common sense

"Hello?" I answer. Like I don't know who it is.

"Hey baby." I missed her voice. "I'm sorry I haven't texted you all day. I hope you aren't mad at me about it."

"No baby I'm not mad." Guilt is washing over me already.

"Good. I really am sorry though I was at the hospital all day with my mom." Are you fucking kidding me? Really God? I'm out fucking other people while she's at the hospital with her mom.

"Is she okay?" I ask genuinely concerned.

"Oh yeah she's fine she just twisted her ankle and you know my mom, she panics when any thing happens."

"Oh ok. Well I'm gonna call you tomorrow baby cause I had a long day and I'm pretty tired so." That's not really the reason but we'll go with that.

"Oh ok baby. Well I love you and I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"I love you too." I say then hang up.

Funny thing is that for the rest of the night I didn't sleep at all, I couldn't. I felt so guilty. Why is it that we know shit is wrong and we know we're gonna end up regretting it down the line yet we do it anyways? What the fuck is up with that?

The Next Day

I woke up to the motion of what felt like someone jumping on my bed. I open one eye and see Lauren's ass doing just that.

"Really Lauren?"

"Your mom said get your lazy ass up and come down to breakfast right now."

I'm getting really sick of this whole eating breakfast as a family thing every freaking morning. Sometimes I just wanna sleep in.

"I'll be down in a second." I turn over and close my eyes back.

"Everyone is waiting for you so she said not to leave until you're up and walking down the steps with me."

"Ugh fiiiine." I get up and go freshen up then head downstairs to eat with everyone.

After an uneventful breakfast as usual I headed back up to my room planning on spending the entire day in bed. My phone vibrates, I grab it expecting it to be Spencer but nope its Maci.

'Hey. What are you up to today?'

'Nothing much. Just planned on sleeping in.' I reply.

'Wouldn't you rather be sleeping with me?'
I can't with this chick right now.

'I'm gonna pass. But thanks for the offer though.' I reply.

'Anytime baby.' What have I gotten myself into with this chick?

I'm over today already so I just decide I'm going back to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello." I answer.

"Where the fuck are you bitch?" Omfg. That's Kyla. I totally forgot she was coming in town today.

"Shit Kyla I'm so sorry I totally forgot. Are you still at the airport?"

"Wow you forgot about me Ashley? Real nice. Yeah I'm here where the fuck would I go? You were my ride."

"I'm on the way." We hang up.

I haul ass to the airport to get her. I'm just fucking up all around.

"Gosh Ashley next time can you be on time. That'd be nice." Kyla complained as she put her suitcase in my backseat and got into the car.

"I said I was sorry Kyla. What else do you want me to say?" I asked pulling off.

"What's going on with you today?" Where do I start?

"I fucked up Kyla." I admit to her truthfully.

"What'd you do Ash?" She sounds genuinely concerned right now.

"I slept with Lauren and some fucking random ass chick after having proposed to Spencer only a few days prior. I don't know what's wrong with me and why every single time I take a step forward with Spencer I do something so idiotic that's puts us 3 steps back. And I can't figure out why."

Kyla's not saying anything right now she's just looking at me and I don't know if it's because she's disappointed in me or if she doesn't have anything to say to me.

"I don't know Ashley. I'm not gonna sit here and lecture you because I can tell that you feel bad but you gotta stop fucking up like this. You love Spencer right?"

"Ofcourse I do. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. I think I kinda let Lauren talk me into it."

"What do you mean talk you into it?"

"Well she gave me this talk about how Spencer and I are both young and how I'm Spencer's first girlfriend and how we may be moving too fast and..."

"Wait." Kyla interrupts. "You let Lauren talk you into cheating basically. She pretty much just talked you into fucking her. And you let her." I didn't think about it like that. "Either way Ashley, you know it was stupid and if you love Spencer just don't let it happen again."

I sigh as we pull into the driveway.

"Are you gonna tell her?" Kyla asks as we pull into the driveway.

"I don't know if I should." I say putting the car in park.

"If you don't tell her and she finds out some other way, she's gonna leave you most definitely Ashley. At least if you tell her yourself she may forgive you."

Kyla's right. As always.

"Ok I'm gonna tell her."

"Good. Now let's go in so I can meet this Lauren chick and tell her some things about fucking my friends girlfriend aka my sister."

"Don't beat her up Kyla." I say laughing at her.

"I'm just saying. You're my sister and Spencer's my bestfriend and she's nobody! And she's already on my bad side. I gots to let her know what's up." Lol.

"What would I do without you?" She makes everything ok when she's around.

"I don't know Ashley, I just don't know." Kyla smiles grabbing her bags outta the car.