Scroll 60

I gasped for air. Grabbing and clawing at the webbed slimy, sticky substance stuck to my face and practically my whole body.

It felt like I was drenched in Akamaru's slobber.

I breathed heavily, finally taking well deserved air into my starving lungs. The shady sky, the calm. Everything so silent.

I crawled out the cocoon prison and got to my feet, yanking out the last of the goo off of me. I looked out to the vast land. Rubble and all. The entire Konoha was levelled to the ground.

Dust and dirt whistled with the wind.

The gravel beneath my foot steps, crunched along my way.

My surroundings held true to only death, war and finality. I expected nothing less from the world.

I was scared, frightened, shaken even. There was no sign of life anywhere. Not an insect, not a bird nor bee.

"Where is everybody... anybody?"

I closed my eyes, taking in my universe. Searching, scanning and hoping.

My eyes shot open and my lips pulled to a grin.

"There."

I rushed towards their chakra. Relieved that they were there. Finally,  I was about to get an explanation for all this mess.

Blond,  gravity defying hair was the first thing to come in sight.

"NAruto!" I shouted, lunging  my arms around his neck, the sudden force caused us to take a twirl.

"Miya-chan, You're okay?" He grinned at me.

"Yes ofcourse. Did you honestly think an overgrown plant could stop me." I boasted, resting my arms over his shoulders.

I looked over my shoulder to my right, I saw Kakashi. My gaze flickered down to Sakura, who was laying unconscious on the ground.

Pulling my arms away, I went over to check, "Is she okay?" I asked worried. She didn't look too good. To be honest none of them did.

What happened here? I wondered, surveying the sandy land.

"She's been put under a genjutsu." Kakashi stated, drawing my attention.

"Eeh~ genjutsu? That's horrible."I sympathized,  recalling my own experience.
"Terrible," I said in a low voice as my gaze lowered to the ground.
It was so real, but all fake. No wonder people can loose their sanity there.

I sensed something moving from behind some rocks. "Come out," I commanded, standing on my toes trying to peer across.

"Azura!" She pounced on me caressing my cheek as I messed up her fur.

"How did this creature survive?" Kakashi sensei asked, but it seemed like he was thinking out loud.

Good question though.  Then I remembered. "She must have escaped to her place, where all the un-summoned calmine go. It's a meadow somewhere unknown to man, at least that's what I've been told." I continued to mess with her fur.

"Naruto, stop wasting my time." I heard Sasuke snap. Apparently Naruto was watching my little spectacle and Sasuke was being impatient about something.

Pulling me away from my thoughts, I stood up and turned around, curious to what he meant.

Naruto began following Sasuke. That made so many questions flood my mind, but amongst them all, one kept surfacing over and over,
Why?

 "What's going on?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as to question them, shifting from Naruto to Kakashi sensei and back to Naruto.

"They are going to battle it out, one last time." Kakashi sensei explained.

Battle... No. That means Ōtsutsuki-san... 
"What, no." I shook my head once then went over to stop Naruto.

I grabbed on to his forearm with one hand and pulled his hand with my other hand, causing him to stop and look back at me.

"Don't you think there's been enough violence for one day?"
It's happening. The sage was telling the truth,  but I couldn't believe it would result in the same way. I wasn't too sure about Sasuke because you never know what he's thinking, but Naruto- he's like an open book. He wouldn't let things end up that way.

"NAruto." I lowered my eyes to think harder, what could I do to stop them, as I pursed my lips at the tension in the air.

"Miya-chan, don't worry." He said. I raised my head to face his and he gave me a closed eye smile and continued to walk, but I tugged on his arm harder.

Stubborn!

I knew they weren't going to change their minds.

From his arm to around his torso, my arms wrapped tightly. "Be careful, okay."
I lifted my head to meet his blue eyes looking down at me. I put on a sympathetic smile and then let go of him, "Bring him back." I said softly,  but was sort of commanding him. You know, might as well since besides their better judgement, they still were going to fight each other.

"I will. Believe it!" He said, flashing a big toothy grin at me.

I nodded.

Nothing's going to happen. Natuto won't let it. I trusted Naruto to not go too far with the fight. It's just a spar, like when they were small. I reassured myself,  but my nerves were telling me something else. I turned to look at Sasuke's impatient expression.  I was literally standing between him and Naruto.

When his gaze caught mine. He narrowed his eyes and swiftly turned away.

"Oi, Uchiha." I called out, walking over to him.

He looked like he didn't want to, but still turned around to answer.

I swung my arms around him and tucked my head into his chest.

"Sasuke, let go of all this hate." I begged, silently pleading him to stop. Hoping. If only he would hear and listen.

"Okay, " his voice rung in my ears. I snapped my head up to face his, dark, deep eyes that gazed down at me.

"Really!?" I cheered, bringing up a smile, unintentionally jumping in place. I was just so happy.

His features remained the same, indifferent.
"One condition," he said plainly.

I pulled a little away from him.
Of course there's a catch. I just wondered what it was? But no matter what, I was in a mood to give him anything.

"Miya!- Sasuke, No!"

"Miya!"

My eyes widened, lips left far apart from each other. I couldn't breath. I struggled to get oxygen to my lungs.

My hands as a reflex landed over my mouth. I was going to fall, but he caught me. Blood spurted of my mouth.

Finally, I understood what was happening as ultimately the pain made itself known. A scorching agony was burning at my stomach and it wasn't till my eyes flickered on his katana, did I realize what just occurred.

Too weak, too much in pain to protest. I was laid on the ground as he mouthed something to me. I didn't understand. All I could hear was a ringing in my ears.

I laid there as the wound started to take its effect.

Sasuke, how could you?

***
1